Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.

Thread: Sad day

trail blazer
    Thanks

Sad day

It was a great ride but I finally said good bye to the h2. It started to have some problems and I was just tired of chasing them. But still have the h3.
    So I traded in the h2 for a new power wagon.
    Last edited by mudbug; 06-23-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    2008 solar flare base H3 1" body lift with 1.25 shackle. BA bumper w/thor skid and BA roof rack, 50 series flowmaster, air doc w/k&n pcm tune, 10" solo baric, 35" KM2s with hoss wheels, hunner skids more to come..... waiting install Rancho lift and dual battery mount

2018 ram power wagon km3 35x12.50x17

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 992 Posts
    Things change. Now start looking for your H1.
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE
    1990 1025 Armament Carrier

KJ6JCC

BlackSheep Hummer Squadron, H1 PsychoSquad

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
    I traded in the h2 for a new power wagon.
    I *love* my Power Wagon!!!

I hope you come to love yours, too
    2016 RAM 2500 Power Wagon
    1995 Jeep ZJ V8

NR6E

trail blazer
    Thanks
    So far loving the power wagon.
    Yes I am keeping my eye open for a h1.😁

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mudbug For This Useful Post:

3Hummers (06-25-2018)

Chapter President

Thanks
    I have been looking for a new daily driver to keep some miles off my H2 and I can't find anything I would rather drive. Even with the leaky sunroof, numerous rattles, and various gremlins to chase, I still love driving it. I know the day I stop driving the H2 will be painful, so many memories, every dent, ding and scratch has a story I can share with my kids. It truly is like nothing else.

I feel you pain, but its hard to maintain an older vehicle, especially one that gets used the way some of use and abuse these rigs. You'll always have the memories of you adventures in your H2 and I am sure your power wagon will give you many years of enjoyment.
    B I G 2 D A B A N K

2005 H2 SUT, Desert Sand

Mall Crawler

Thanks
    Don't drive the 2 that much anymore. Bought a roller skate to go back and forth to work. Way cheaper on gas, plus it's saves miles on the 2. Did take it to work on Friday to get the ac fixed. They ended up washing it, gah! When I got in it the front locker was engaged. Luckily on the asphalt, it didn't snap the halfshaft or grenade the diff. Why I always say don't wash it. Dodged a bullet. But, keeping the 2 for awhile to come
    2005 H2 Adventure

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbug View Post
    new power wagon.
    BTW:

Pictures or it didn't happen
    1995 Jeep ZJ V8

NR6E

trail blazer
    Thanks
    I loved the ride of the h2 as well as the looks good or bad hehe. That was problem, the h2 was parked up for 4 years while I was in Kodiak. If one day I shall stumble across a 08 sut I will more than likely pick it up.

trail blazer
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LagunaH1 View Post
    BTW:

Pictures or it didn't happen

Already took off the good years and put on
    35 km3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 solar flare base H3 1" body lift with 1.25 shackle. BA bumper w/thor skid and BA roof rack, 50 series flowmaster, air doc w/k&n pcm tune, 10" solo baric, 35" KM2s with hoss wheels, hunner skids more to come..... waiting install Rancho lift and dual battery mount

2018 ram power wagon km3 35x12.50x17

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Super nice looking truck!!

If you are looking for rock sliders, check out White Knuckle Off Road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1995 Jeep ZJ V8

NR6E

Bald Tire
    Thanks
    i have a jeep i do quick runs around the house just the short stuff..My H2 has less than 80K on it and im trying to keep the miles down.The wife and i talked about it going to drive the H2 until things start falling off it as i drive..

Spilled Milk

Thanks
    Wow, you're all sad and pathetic! Traded it for PW, don't drive it 'cause my Prius gets better mileage (Zach I knew you were a sell-out), etc, etc blah blah blah

Well lemme tell you what---I was going to trade in our 2 for a PW and my wife said hell no, not going to happen; God I love that woman!

I tried to quit driving it so much to keep the miles off of it, and they're ringing in fast--living between El Centro and Ventura, 270 miles apart. Even bought a 2015 VW Beetle to lighten the load on miles but the 2 still pulls road trip duty, with style. Ended up having the dealer replace the hydroboost, front axle seal, charge AC, and some other crap just because I can't work on it right now (RV parks DISCOURAGE working on your junk, who knew)

What this all adds up to is the world finally doing the right thing and preventing me from trading/selling and MAKING me drive the deuce. Hell, even got into our minivan the other morning to go to work so I could save miles on the 2--damn, the van was out of gas and I had to take the 2 for the rest of the week!

Quit giving up on your HUMMERs and start driving them again!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rascole View Post
    I'm pretty anal when it comes to poking holes in the wrong place.

Spilled Milk

Thanks
    BTW--stumbled across a one-owner 05 SUT for sale at the original selling dealer in Thousand Oaks by sheer dumb luck---58K miles and smelt like ours did 100K ago (new leather)

It was awesome, white, tan interior just like our SUV, my wife creamed her jeans when she saw it--again, GOD I love that woman, but given that we're in the middle of trying to make a move and support a house and a trailer in the middle of a move, had to let it go. Thing is, SHE was gaga over it and wanted to write a check on the spot for it. This is the first time I had to pull her back, instead of her holding me back, on jumping on it.

Yes, likely, there's a good chance for a second, less heavily loved (off roaded) deuce in our family once we settle down and figure out how to afford the real California.

Again--quit giving up on your deuces and drive them, enjoy them--you're most definitely in the minority now

Spilled Milk

Thanks
    Finally, Biggie--every dent ding and scratch unfortunately came from some a$$holes in a parking lot and it really pisses me off because there's a bunch of them, including a long crease on the back driver door going to quarter panel. Turns out off-roading the deuce created much less damage than parking it among a bunch of idiots that didn't care about their pruises (Zach)