• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Kennedy meadows overnight trip

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
So May 5-6 we going to run some trails in hi-Sierras. It’s an overnight trip. We probably will do Sherman trail and maybe LCC on the way back. Possible snow on the ground, local ranger station is not open till May. Temps average 60/70s day, 30/40s at night.

Trails are easy. It’s more like overland trip, we will be spending night by the small river so possible fishing.

We have 3/5 rigs as of now, if anyone interested let me know.

Vdawg1115

I will follow this. Might be able to make this. Will have to look up the elevation though because my wife would be 7-8 months pregnant at the time and the Doctor doesn’t recommend her being over 6,000 ft in elevation

Mr_Rich

Kennedy Meadows is definitely over 6000 ft.; closer to 7500 ft. IIRC. I have some pics from a June trip long ago when I met some friends up there. They left the day before and it was 70 degrees and sunny. The next day it started snowing... Kennedy Meadows 19900005.jpgKennedy Meadows 19900007.jpgKennedy Meadows 19900012.jpgI actually took the road up from Lake Isabella and I liked it better than Nine Mile Road. Some people don't care for that road and it's not really a favorite of mine either.

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
We not waisting time through lake Isabela, 9 mile rd is shortest way for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
And from pics more scenic. Most rigs have hard time climbing 9 mile so they may go around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr_Rich

Kennedy Meadows 19900004.jpgKennedy Meadows 19900008.jpgIn the first pic I was heading up to Kennedy Meadows and in the second I was heading down on Nine Mile Road. The road from Lake Isabella was all dirt but it was a nice drive. My friends laughed that I came "over" the mountain but it was an adventure at the time. My friend Dave loves it up in Monache Meadows and the road has a few little steep spots zig-zagging between trees but otherwise it's a beautiful spot.Monache Meadow July 2010 023.jpgJune hailstorm in the high country.