• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Better fan clutch option

Yimmortal

Probationary Member
I’ve got a 2002 h1 The 6.5 turbo
If I have a long hill, about a mile, I get up to about 240 degrees. The fan clutch kicks on somewhere around 225 ish I think and then brings it back down to normal temp once I’m done with the hill... is there a better clutch and fan combination out there?

I’ve tried everything else I can think of and no difference. Aluminum rad, extra electric fans, new water pump, new thermostats, chNged antifreeze, even tried a ram air thing... no air in the system either....

clubhunt

I’ve got a 2002 h1 The 6.5 turbo
If I have a long hill, about a mile, I get up to about 240 degrees. The fan clutch kicks on somewhere around 225 ish I think and then brings it back down to normal temp once I’m done with the hill... is there a better clutch and fan combination out there?

I’ve tried everything else I can think of and no difference. Aluminum rad, extra electric fans, new water pump, new thermostats, chNged antifreeze, even tried a ram air thing... no air in the system either....

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/513583-cooling-fan-clutch-mods-to-engage-earlier.html

e1a5e9be167e757db40611c3c8a8e8cf.jpg

Might be something worth looking into