Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,905 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atvspeed4 View Post
    Exactly, I was moving so slow locked front and rear climbing large ledges but needed to bump it up the next one when it let go. It was so calm that I thought I bumped the spring hanger. I would have exploded a stock front diff way before the rear axle shaft let go on this obstacle. 37s seems to be the tipping point for a stock 10 bolt but the new front high pinion Dana 44 IFS seems to not care about 37s
    I couldnít agree more! My ford High pinion 44 that was retubed to pass drop was a great axle. I ran it on 40s and never had an issue. I did have my ox locker lose a bolt, flung up and chipped the gears, even then I ran it till I pulled it with no issues.

The ford HP44 is the best 44 around IMO. Itís the only 44 R&P Iíve seen hold up to the abuse of 40s consistently on other rigs too. I know a guy that had one on 38s (I know not 40s but but was a throttle happy guy. Which more then made up for it.) He would back up and go foot to the floor up backdoor at hammers with no issues spinning the front end like crazy. It was straight up abuse.

The only reason I pulled my HP44 was because it was a concern for Ultimate adventure. When I got the call they asked about 40s on a heavy rig and that 44. Even though I told them it was proven and has lasted years I could still sense the concern and thatís when I told them I had a 70 rear and a pile of 60 outers in the garage. They said your in! Get building on that axle. So I did...that axle will live again under another rig I build in the future. Eventually I would like to get a 3T and keep this one IFS so your 44 and possibly a 60 rear. More mild build for camping and exploring then the SAS and crazy rock crawling I like to do. I figure the truck bed will be needed with a family one day.

Anyways sorry for the long tirade and rabbit hole I went down. Bottom line is the AAM 7 protected the 10 bolt from breaking. Now that thereís a HP44 the 10 bolt is more vulnerable. Wish I could get to Moab. I would love to wheel with you!
    Squeaky3: 06 H3 ALPHA SAS Hi pinion Dana 44 front/Eaton HO72 rear 5.13 gears, custom crossmember for long arms, lockers, 4:1 T-case, v8 swap, gobi, Smittbilt 12k Custom bumpers....do it all vehicle

"H3 front axles are like drunk cheerleaders....just use em until they get mouthy...then toss em and get another." -anonymous

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 06 H3 For This Useful Post:

atvspeed4 (03-13-2018)

Badfish

Thanks
    i did a rear axle like that in 06 on golden spike... been to the top of cliffhanger in the 3 and the h1 a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by atvspeed4 View Post
    Need to go full float soon...
    "93" HMC2 ( 2-door hardtop truck )
    "06" H3 ( green no bling )
    Line-X and 35's
    Blacksheep Hummer Squadron : MOAB
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmadSGJCzo8
    B.S.H.S. Rollin with the Banned and the Damned , No Dues and no Dont's .

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    i did a rear axle like that in 06 on golden spike... been to the top of cliffhanger in the 3 and the h1 a couple of times.
    Did it involve dragging the 3 with a winch or strap over some of the trail? The obstacle after the stream that is a large step was so dug out that our friend on 42s tapped his rock sliders going up the left side. Only way I could do it was head up the far right straight up the almost verticle rock face
    2006 Red H3 Adventure/ luxury 37" iroks, HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with Yukon zip locker, Np241 manual T-case, 6.0L VVT/ 6L90 swap

2006 Black H3 Adventure/ Luxury 5 speed manual, HD diff bushings

2008 Black H3 Alpha HD tierods, steering rack kit, custom front IFS HP Dana 44 diff with truetrac

Badfish

Thanks
    we stacked a $hit load of rocks and it was 8 years ago that i took the 3 up there the trail changes a lot. last time we went about 2 and a half years ago we left an H1 at the tight spot on the cliff just in case we had trouble getting back up. we always climbed those rocks on the right side going up out of the creek.
    "93" HMC2 ( 2-door hardtop truck )
    "06" H3 ( green no bling )
    Line-X and 35's
    Blacksheep Hummer Squadron : MOAB
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmadSGJCzo8
    B.S.H.S. Rollin with the Banned and the Damned , No Dues and no Dont's .

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Neo For This Useful Post:

atvspeed4 (03-15-2018)

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Sounds like OutfitterDesign is gonna have to do a HeavyDuty rear driveshaft as well. And a 14bolt upgrade kit