• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

any one else get wind noise/vibration on roof?

ENASNI

I get a vibration on both sides of the roof right above the wind shied any else experience this? Nothing is loose. I'm thinking ill just fill the plastic trim with black silicone unless some one found a better solution. My 08 H3 had the same issue, maybe it's a Hummer thing. My current truck is a 05 H2T.

Zach

Mall Crawler
H2 pillar trim is usually not an issue like the H3. Do you have a sunroof with the smoke colored wind deflector in front of it? That is the most common. Mine has gotten way worse over time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

loud_pipes

H2 pillar trim is usually not an issue like the H3. Do you have a sunroof with the smoke colored wind deflector in front of it? That is the most common. Mine has gotten way worse over time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve got the same issue as Zach. That wind deflector buffers and actually rattles the moonroof glass. Pushing up slightly on the front of the moonroof usually stops the chatter on mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

guruerror

I'd try popping off the A-pillar trim and putting some good, double-stick, 3M trim tape between it and the windshield. I've read on other forums that the A-pillar can be the culprit for this noise as well. Need to do this to mine too.

Last edited:

sonicstage

I get a vibration on both sides of the roof right above the wind shied any else experience this? Nothing is loose. I'm thinking ill just fill the plastic trim with black silicone unless some one found a better solution. My 08 H3 had the same issue, maybe it's a Hummer thing. My current truck is a 05 H2T.

I have the same noise as well but I have a 52 inch light bar that makes a high pitched sound as well so I bought a cover for it and the noise is gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guruerror

Should be two screws on the side and some cheap double-stick tape holding to the windshield if memory serves.

pillar%20trim.jpg