• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Snorkel Kit - Who's Interested?

RamRod

I saw over on Ih8mud that the 100series guys are having good luck with a Chinese version of their snorkel..so it got me thinking if there was one for the H3's... and there is

I am in talks with a company over in China that has what I assume to be a copy of the Safari Snorkel for sale.

df58289cb33c7d84a47738643d306ed7.jpg

I can't order just one but I thought I would pull the trigger and see who would want the extras that come.

My plan it to inspect all of the parts and make sure that they are of good enough quality before collecting cash... but the more I order the cheaper they become.

So with that said, who is interested?

I don't have a price yet (still early in the emails) but I expect them to be like $125-175 depending on a few factors which I will update as the info comes in.

Interested:
RamRod
XXX XXX (from another forum)
Grimmjow

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JPaul

I bought one off Ebay for $180 shipped (new). The only thing it's missing is the instructions and the plastic spacer that is supposed to go between the A-pillar and the A-pillar cover for the rivets that hold the bracket onto the A-pillar. It seems like it's just as good as the Safari. They are still available:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snorkel-Kit...Air-Intake-System-Off-Road-4X4-/172304359373?

I haven't installed it just yet, been waiting for time and good weather.

RamRod

will it work for the 2006 I5?

I am told it works with all '08 and up as is, and then the '06 and some '07s need minor modification - not sure what minor or modification entails, but I am sure its the same as what's needed for the ARB unit

RamRod

I bought one off Ebay for $180 shipped (new). The only thing it's missing is the instructions and the plastic spacer that is supposed to go between the A-pillar and the A-pillar cover for the rivets that hold the bracket onto the A-pillar. It seems like it's just as good as the Safari. They are still available:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Snorkel-Kit...Air-Intake-System-Off-Road-4X4-/172304359373?

I haven't installed it just yet, been waiting for time and good weather.

That seller does not ship to Canada- so I am looking for other options

amrg

No markings on mine. Its a good snorkel, my only issue was that the coupler between the air box and the pipe that you put inside the fender doesnt seal 100%.
Nothing plumbing tape wouldnt fix.
One thing I noticed, the alpha breaths better at top rpms.

RamRod

Update with a kit photo:
1922465e14eadca4757301c124b802e6.jpg

I think it will come in less than $175 with shipping, but still waiting on a final price and numbers.

I have posted this up elsewhere and have one other signed up so if we can get 3 more then this will likely happen

GoBlueHummer

will it work for the 2006 I5?

It will but you have to find a way to mate it to the air filter housing since we don't have the same style. At the time, I couldn't get an air cleaner box for a reasonable price so I figured my own solution. I took the end of an old leaf blower I had and found the arm to be the correct diameter for both the boot and going into the air box. I used copious amounts of RTV where it mated to the air box to ensure I didn't have leaks. I would still like to get an 08 air box at some point but what I came up with is fine for my use.

Side note > we went to Belize last spring and I kept thinking how cool it would be to have the H3 there. We rented a car and drove way out into the jungle to stay a few days and I beat the hell out of that thing on those dirt roads. Both of us loved it there and would move in a heartbeat, so I gotta say I'm a little envious every time i see one of your posts.

:cheers

RamRod

So I have some more info:

They have 5 units currently available, but if there is more demand then they can produce more.
As of right now 5 people have said they are interested and so they get priority

Here is another picture of the kit:
49e39f63561cc5bc8d807162c8406eef.jpg

All the hardware is stainless steel, which I was worried about. (I didn't want Zinc plated)

Notice even the top clamp for the snorkel "head" is painted black as to not stand out!

It is going to cost $170.62/unit with shipping so I will just call it an even $170 to your door.

Panzer07

Looks good the weird square to round attachment between the top mesh scoop and the rubber hose it is not necessary if you have a airdoc the rubber hose can connect hermetically with the airdoc rubber attachment that replace that of your airbox. That's how I have mine and I have an early 07 model

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

RamRod

So I ordered and paid for their 5 in stock units and should have them a my door within the next two weeks!

I will then send em out that same week

RamRod

Tracking update: They have landed in North America and are going through customs... I should have them by the end of the week if all goes well

RamRod

my wife lands in Calgary on the 27th. if you order more let me know
If one of the 4 end up dropping out I will let you know, your the first on the waiting list.... I might even be able to get them to Calgary on the cheap depending on timing

GreatDaneHummer

Ok I know I will get sh&t for saying this but what about supporting the company (ARB) that designed the system for the H3? Don't they deserve our purchases even if they are more expensive? Purchasing these brand X products takes away from companies like ARB from making them in the future for other vehicles. Yes I put my money where my ethics are and purchased the ARB one even though there are cheaper ones out there. Just a thought guys.

amrg

You are right. But remeber, some brands charge an arm and a leg simple because they slapped their name on it.
Some people want the functionality but cant afford spending money on the "branded" stuff. If we had jeeps, there wouldve been several options, cheap and expensive. Some even copy each other.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk