• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Salvage Title Alpha

GreatDaneHummer

06H3 this is more a question for you but I am able to purchase a salvage alpha H3 with 48k on the drive train. It was salvaged due to a rear hit so the front engine / drive train is fine with being a 2010 model. I can pick it up for under $1k. How hard would it be to swap the V8 and trans etc having all the accessories etc there including the computer? Being the only one I know that went from an I5 to a V8?

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Kyle, not sure why you are pushing this. He already stated that he didn't want to share the link and I can't blame him. Let's not ruin a good deal by asking him to publicize that auction.

amrg

For under a grand thats great. What model do you have currently?

With the engine, trans and entire wiring harness available you will need engine mount adapters.

Btw I believe the 2010 has VVT.

Kyle

Kyle, not sure why you are pushing this. He already stated that he didn't want to share the link and I can't blame him. Let's not ruin a good deal by asking him to publicize that auction.
I'm just excited to see what condition you can buy a salvaged alpha for under or around a grand lol

GreatDaneHummer

A 2010 with only 48k miles so from the photos it looks pretty nice besides the rear end it totaled with a bent up rear frame. The interior is very nice and clean tan leather but I heard that you should not use front seats after a totaled car accident that has air bags deployed. Something about the seat frames can be compromised? Anyone have experience with this?

4speedfunk

Screw pulling parts off it! Just chop off the top...weld the rear doors shut...2-dr truck. Rear frame is an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amrg

Its a 2010 Alpha. I have a 2007 I5 and a 2006 I5
The only possible issue you may have is the BCM communicating.

2006 came with a pcm and Bcm.
2007 was a mixed year
2008-2010 had a pcm,tcm and bcm.

Humvee had an 09 I5 - 09 Alpha (straight swap).

The 2010 alpha has the same e67 ecu as earlier models i believe.

amrg

Screw pulling parts off it! Just chop off the top...weld the rear doors shut...2-dr truck. Rear frame is an easy fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IiRc someone bought a full side frame rail and swapped it on his H3 after he was T-boned. Wouldnt that be possible here (just saying)

Kyle

A 2010 with only 48k miles so from the photos it looks pretty nice besides the rear end it totaled with a bent up rear frame. The interior is very nice and clean tan leather but I heard that you should not use front seats after a totaled car accident that has air bags deployed. Something about the seat frames can be compromised? Anyone have experience with this?
sounds logical to me, what i would do is take the leather off the seats and have them installed on the seats you have now to be on the safer side. if you end up getting it and not wanting the leather seats let me know ill buy them from you!

RamRod

Hope this works out for you! I watch auctions all the time and never see Alphas pop up!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Panzer07

Damn for under a grand or even a grand plus I'd get it for all them spare part hahaha

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

mjferencak

If that thing has a sunroof and you're wanting to piece it out for some cash I need the rails for the sunroof. Mine snapped in half and now the sunroof isn't moving back. I think my wife was dancing on the roof and doesn't want to admit it.

08H3

If that thing has a sunroof and you're wanting to piece it out for some cash I need the rails for the sunroof. Mine snapped in half and now the sunroof isn't moving back. I think my wife was dancing on the roof and doesn't want to admit it.

Let me know which parts you need exactly. I have an entire sunroof assembly (minus the glass). The belt is toast, but everything else is good.