• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Devil's Night. 2008 H3 Alpha

Ron46

Capt.
Looks awesome! I definitely want to do this to my truck now. Have you thought about making some more of these headlights to sell?

CaddyStrophic

Thanks, guys. I've thought about it, yes. BUT, the price I'd have to charge for everything would absolutely turn people off.

(Think $2,000 out the door, because that is how much work and money in parts there is.)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

H3Wolf

You did a fantastic job. Nice rig, I kinda want to do that to my h3 now. Thanks for all the updates. Did you figure out the high and low beam yet?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

CaddyStrophic

I appreciate it! I've got the relays sitting at the house. I've got a baby due in 5 weeks, do I've been remodeling my house and throwing baby showers and all that fun stuff. So it's been on the back burner.

I should have time to get the relays wired up this Sunday. (And finally get some dang output shots, haha.)

H3Wolf

Well congratulations on the baby. Can't wait to see the final product. Truly inspiring, I'm thinking of going full led now.

CaddyStrophic

Haven't had a chance to do a lot of mods lately, but I swapped the 33" Duratracs for 35" ko2s today.

e4ef3a2e02c63958c08d75c2c4f7f314.jpg

CaddyStrophic

I like them a lot. I do feel a bit of a power difference and the shifting is a little off. I talked to the wife today and she agreed that I should probably get it reprogrammed for the tires.

Feels a bit floaty and sits up nice. I'll be going off-road in Slade, Kentucky on March 11th, so we will see how it does.

H3Wolf

Lucky lol, my wife dosent understand at ALL, everytime I do a mod, or something is wrong (not very often) she chalks it up to a money pit. And it takes me an hour or so to explain, even then I don't think she listens cause she calls it Carinese lmao

CaddyStrophic

Finally got rid of my annoying squeaks. Replaced the serpentine belt, tensioner and idler pulley last night.

d77cd6e086ccf5b43c813e85b69cf8d9.jpg

CaddyStrophic

Had to remove my Tatton driveshaft because of terrible vibration. Replaced the CV on the stock shaft and put it back in.

I greased the front of the Tatton every time I changed my oil, but it appears that this part went without grease? How the hell was I supposed to grease it? There are no zirc fittings or whatever.

5b4f3e6767b4d6e1796405bf597889ea.jpg

5e0658141745426a6c96279de429bce1.jpg

2dfef55e36eecc06c1d758bf74566de9.jpg

CaddyStrophic

That little push-dot fitting? I've never seen anything like that, what kind of tool do you grease it with?

TonyH3go

Probationary Member
Were you able to figure out how to solve the high beam issue on the headlights? I’m currently installing similar led lights on my H3 and having the same problem.