• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rocky Road Rock Sliders.

Woodtick

They arrived in just under two weeks. The welds and powder coating look great . It took longer to clean the nutserts on the frame than it took to install them. Used a floor jack and a block of wood to get the holes to line up on the money. I had the torch ready to adjust the slots,but not needed.
attachment.php
Not sure why the pic loaded upside down,but you get the point.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    599.7 KB · Views: 1,056

Woodtick

attachment.php
I use the protruding bar as a step. It's not a full substitute, especially when wet, but it does help.
I'm going to put some none skid on the top of mine near the door areas. They use it on boats, handycap ramps ect......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 750

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Past reports have suggested that the tape is great for traction but also leads to scraped legs when wearing shorts

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

08H3

At one time I had a set of the original GM removable steps that I was going to install on the Rocky Roads for my wife. She decided it wasn't necessary so I never did, however I had them all mocked up. If I remember right, it only involved welding a pin to one of the bars that go to the frame and a 90 degree bracket with a pin further back.

Romeo

Pretty legs are for girls.

[emoji24]lol ... With a 4" lift and wearing slacks and shoes make it a bit difficult to jump in especially no grab handles on the driver side. Plus my fiancée will kill me knowing that she would have to jump up with heels and a dress plus she has back issues already...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

650Hawk

My Alpha had running boards/steps when I bought it, but they were at least 3-4" below the side of the truck and really looked bad (IMO), so I took them off. My wife loves the running boards on her 4wd Tahoe (she won't let me take those off), but I like watching her legs as she climbs up into my H3!! :)

I do like those Rocky Road Rock Sliders, though.

Last edited:

Tengo1

Are the Rocky Roads $479 for the pair, or each?

I looked at Schwarttzy's and they appear to be $450 each.

Panzer07

Are the Rocky Roads $479 for the pair, or each?

I looked at Schwarttzy's and they appear to be $450 each.

That's for the pair...what gets adds up a bit is the shipping $100 or so. $600 once everything said and done. But they are worth it.

Torres