• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

I hate dealerships...

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Just took the T in for a couple of (what I thought would be) routine fixes. The fan blower was making some weird noise, which they agreed with and replaced. Same for my front passenger door speaker.

So I get the T back today and turn the blower on...sounds worse than before. The door speaker sounded better but now it rattles when the bass hits/music is loud. Aaaaand, my passenger door will not open from the inside now. So, I turned around (after driving the 20 mins to school) and dropped it right back off for them to try and fix again.

Dammit.

:rant:

08SolarFlareH3

Super Swampers
I get to pick mine up from warranty work tonight. Its all stuff I could do but when like the parts guy said, why pay for parts if I don't have to. They did the blower motor resister, blower motor resister harness, front left axle seal and drivers side mirror. The only thing they gave me grief about was the mirror, they said the technician said it looked impacted related because a piece inside was cracked. I said how could it look impacted related if the only piece that is broke is inside and there isn't even a scratch on outside. They agreed and ordered a me a new mirror. First time in a year that I have used the warranty and it runs out in February. Best of luck with getting your problems solved!

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since there are no Hummer dealers anymore I now go to a GMC/Buick dealer that just happens to be a great former Hummer dealership and authorized Hummer srevice center that retains their old Hummer service staff...lucky me.:)

And actually the GMC dealer in Texas that has done the warranty work on the H3 has been very good also. I have no complaints with them either.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
if they are being asswipes I would look into a chevy dealer. I had major issues with my last dealership. They were good at one point until new guys came in. When I blew my diff about a year ago all there info was wrong. We got into a little arguement that my H3 has 4.10 gears when they were 4.56's, I was right and they got pissy and held my H3 hostage for a few days and told me to take my business elsewhere. I went next door to the chevy dealership and they treat me very well. They all greet me with enthusiasm and are looking for the newest mods or trail scars, do great work and much more reasonable on pricing. So good dealerships are around just look

rsc

I wish the Chevy dealer here was that good. I took it in to have the CV boots replaced because they just started to spit a little grease and the axle has a drip forming but not falling and they were more interested in trying to get me to agree to let them buff out some trail rash on the door and refused the CV boot claim saying they cleaned the grease and there are no holes- "looks like you put something there and that's not even the right grease". I thought a dealership would like to do the work and have it paid for by GM rather than try to fix a scratch in the paint.

GM is worthless, they won't have any more of my business. I wish the gov had let them go under.
:gaah:

kflips

It's an hour away from you but the Caddy dealership in Chantilly has done good work for me & never griped about my requests.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
I wish the Chevy dealer here was that good. I took it in to have the CV boots replaced because they just started to spit a little grease and the axle has a drip forming but not falling and they were more interested in trying to get me to agree to let them buff out some trail rash on the door and refused the CV boot claim saying they cleaned the grease and there are no holes- "looks like you put something there and that's not even the right grease". I thought a dealership would like to do the work and have it paid for by GM rather than try to fix a scratch in the paint.

GM is worthless, they won't have any more of my business. I wish the gov had let them go under.
:gaah:

GM is worthless, they should never have been bailed out; however, the dealer is NOT GM. If the dealer refuses to do the work that is not GM's fault. Contact Hummer assistance. As for the 'hole' in the boot. Is there a hole? If so, GM might decline warranty if they think you caused the hole while driving. If there is not a hole, could the grease come from another location? I mean, there is or there is not a hole.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
GM is worthless, they should never have been bailed out; however, the dealer is NOT GM. If the dealer refuses to do the work that is not GM's fault. Contact Hummer assistance. As for the 'hole' in the boot. Is there a hole? If so, GM might decline warranty if they think you caused the hole while driving. If there is not a hole, could the grease come from another location? I mean, there is or there is not a hole.

Maybe the guy @ the dealership was being an A hole about the warranty because he saw a hole and decided to be an A hole and not cover because of the hole? :giggle:

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I have a dealer that does good warranty work and the most expensive non-warranty work you can imagine. It is very difficult to go to them for anything for which I will have to pay. Parts are marked up laughably.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I have a dealer that does good warranty work and the most expensive non-warranty work you can imagine. It is very difficult to go to them for anything for which I will have to pay. Parts are marked up laughably.

Now just go to dwayne! lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I've always been extremely lucky with my dealership. First in SoCal where I had mine custom ordered at, was Tustin Hummer. They were literally across the street from my place. Then when I moved to NC, I had Hendrick Hummer, and they have also been outstanding. Overseas it's always been the opposite. The Jeep dealers have all been hopeless but I have found some great independent old school mechanics.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
As for the 'hole' in the boot. Is there a hole? If so, GM might decline warranty if they think you caused the hole while driving.

F5 has a point here. If it's a hole, it means something "poked" it, which means it's trail damage. If you bend the rubber and it "cracks" open, then that's bad quality rubber that should be replaced under warranty.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Sent from my iPhone

rsc

F5 has a point here. If it's a hole, it means something "poked" it, which means it's trail damage. If you bend the rubber and it "cracks" open, then that's bad quality rubber that should be replaced under warranty.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Sent from my iPhone

I didn't check to see if it was a puncture or a dry rot tear. All I saw is that there was grease coming from the boot that comes back if cleaned off and that it slung drops/ribbons of grease on the fender well inline with the boot. I hadn't been out wheeling all summer due to the heat so I don't think I punctured it and then had it start leaking 3 months later.