• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Massive OIL Leak the cause and Fix

HUMMERDAD

This is how it all started backing out of the garage notice a trail of liquid so stop check it out it just water ok I'll keep an eye on it. At the this time wife was in the hospital so just letting you know where my mind was, time goes on not driving the truck much next outing reduced power flashes up and can't go over 20mph. lucky 2 blocks from home so nurse it home park it check all the fluids everythings ok humm. Next trip pulling out now i have an OIL slick flowing me shut down in the driveway start checking to much oil to tell where it coming from. let it a few days get some more oil let idle the massive leak found oil filter came loose it was a K & N that had sat on my shelf in the garage for 6 months not sure if that's had anything to with it put went got new oil filter fix that problem. There still oil on the passager side of the truck drop the front skid plate it covered in oil on that side passenger side of the engine saturated with oil. Had to get a flash light to see it but the oil line was leaking have it towed to sears I dont have the to fix that find out trans line leaking too. While I had it there had them do a complete brake job on her too it have to be done.
So the moral of this story it not always the oil pan leaking I have 188,876 miles her that what I thought it was at first so keep looking.

here the break down on repairs

oil filter $ 15 Royal Purple
trans line and
oil line $ 1065 from Hummer
new brake pads
and rotors all 4
corners $ 650
oil Royal purple $45

Last edited:

Zach

Mall Crawler
X3 oil cooler line is probably at the most $125, it's a two piece in one. Labor is not that extensive. They had to have done something else

HUMMERDAD

Thanks for the info at the time it was the only place I could fine and trust to do the job right. and yea looked at the invoice came from cadillac aka Hummer dealer they did try going to a chey dealer first but it was too long tried to tell it not a tahoe. At least sears warranties there work so any problems just take it back. At times was thinking at that price should have just taken it to my old hummer dealer. o-well. again thanks info woodtick

The $1065 is for OIL and TRANS line didn't have the paperwork in front of me to break down the two

Last edited: