• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Drivers Side Window power locks issue

racksonblacks

So this seems like a common issue on other threads ive found on other forums on the web. But has anybody have a straight forward solution to fixing this? seems like disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes or so is a solution. other is checking the connection on the fuses. Ive tried both with no dice. May not have left the battery disconnected long enough. Any other suggestions? Thanks

racksonblacks

whoops, i guess i assumed this has been brought up before and i didnt explain then problem. I got into my car one morning and the power windows and locks do not work. I push down on the button and nothing. The window doesnt budge and the locks dont lock. I have to manually open my door with the key (1st world problems). anyway ive checked the fuses and battery and all seem fine.

rsc

Usually can be related to low voltage. If the battery was weak or the stock terminals are...still stock. With a good battery and connectors, several start cycles should clear the malfunction. Also may help to disconnect the ground terminal for a bit (30 sec, 5 min, 1 hr, overnight? Who knows.) I can't remember if there was a fuse to be pulled, but it seems like there was. I went through all of this last winter after letting it drain down while sitting too long.

racksonblacks

So i tried leaving the battery disconnected overnight. No luck in the morning. Checked the fuses again to make sure im not crazy and they seemed fine. Any other suggestions? Think removing door panels are next. Is there a good video to show how to do this? Thanks everybody

4speedfunk

Make sure the buttons aren't sticking. When I first got my H3, my dog stood on the arm rest...which pushed the window button down. I assume she stood on it for quite some time because the window quit working completely. The next day...it worked fine. This leads me to believe there might be some sort of thermal overload or breaker that will trip if the button gets held down too long. The same situation could occur if its sticking. You might try swapping the switch with another one that is good to see if the problem is the regulator motor, or the switch itself.

rascole

If you have lost all power to all the switches and the switches work fine on the other doors it is more than likely a connection problem. Some small screws on the handle and panel are all that hold the panel on. Take them off and slide the panel up and off.

1DIRTYH3

I agree with Rascole, it is most likely a terminal that is corroded or burnt not getting contact. I have come across the low voltage point in other reading, and even someone who disconnected the positive and negative terminals at battery and touched the leads together and it dissipated current in the system (sounds hokey to me but...) and then it worked again. Check out this you tube video of a possible simple fix... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uekl...ature=youtu.be

racksonblacks

So I have diagnosed and fixed the problem. After a nice 3 hour wrestle with the door panel and components under the door panel in front of my apartment, I followed all of the videos and everything with no luck. I reassembled the door panel frustrated and confused on why that didnt work. I went to the fuse box again and popped out the number 8 fuse which controls pwr windows. I replaced it with another 20 amp fuse in the box for kicks to see if i had a bad fuse. Sure enough fired the car up and boom the windows and locks worked. So today ill go snag a few new fuses and I should be good to go. Learned a lot in the process and I appreciate all the responses.

JSCUNNINGHAM

Probationary Member
It has been a long time since I was last on this thread and that is entirely due to the members on this site.they have kept my rig on the road and for that I am thankful. I have recently fixed my power window intermittent issue on my h3. It was found to be a corroded connection where the drivers side door harness connects to the harness from the body. It is in the door jamb. I finally took it apart and looked closely and saw some corrosion on one of the lower front pins. I cleaned off the connections and it seems to have worked. Has been several months now for me and is still working. I had tried battery disconnect and several door switches but they never lasted long. Hope this helps somebody.