Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mud Terrain
    Thanks

Tried to take Neo to dinner on sat....

Went to Moab last weekend, pull in to grab some gas & we see some hippie lookin dood unloading wood at the gas station... he looked kinda familiar!

We went out to the dunes S of town & planned to come back to town to take Neo out to dinner, Abby & I decided to work on jumping as neither of us had ever jumped bikes before

Got Ab off the ground for the first time:

and I started to get a feel for it, got up to about 60' on a few bigger hits

And Tuck got to ride in sand for the first time

But early in the afternoon a buddy of mine was doing a photoshoot with a jeep owned by one of the broncos players, David Bruton.

Dave was supposed to jump his jeep, my buddy Blake was getting his drone ready & pulling out his 6D while Dave went to take a quick practice hit.

Seeing me hitting the dune, he decided to go about the same speed, but uh, that might have been a tad too fast. The practice run ended up being a 90'+ hit.

So... his D80/60, stroked 6.4 to 7.0 hemi $150k+ jeep with 4 NFL players came down from about 25' up... to near flat.
    less than ideal.

They went to get their tow rig, and we then spent the next 3+ hours trying to get it on the trailer...

When you have a 6'+ NFL player with, you feel a little silly struggling with leverage on the hi lift.

So... we ended up missing dinner and ate some cold pizza at 10PM when our friends came back to camp.

So.. moral of the story, I still owe Steve dinner!! (oh, and a Jeep isn't a dirtbike)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by backcountryislife; 05-18-2015 at 11:08 PM.
    07 5 spd H3 on Treadwright guard dog 35's... leveled & shackles, Bilstiens all around & adapter change in back, swaybar disconnected F&R. 4:1 T-case, CI front diff, beefed up steering rack with Hunner sleeve, flex lines, and ABS mounts

Now if only I could figure out how to jump it like my sled!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to backcountryislife For This Useful Post:

3Hummers (05-19-2015), D.Kinsey (05-25-2015), Highatop (05-20-2015), Pappibri (05-19-2015), SuperBuickGuy (05-19-2015), tdinardo (06-04-2015)

Hammer Down!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 972 Posts
    Was Mr. Dumas driving that Jeep?
    “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”
    John Wayne

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    Hard for me to pick on him... his damage ends up being about 2 days pay, shoot... the average day out playing for me seems to average more!!!!
    07 5 spd H3 on Treadwright guard dog 35's... leveled & shackles, Bilstiens all around & adapter change in back, swaybar disconnected F&R. 4:1 T-case, CI front diff, beefed up steering rack with Hunner sleeve, flex lines, and ABS mounts

Mall Crawler

Thanks
    Who was holding who's beer? And IIRC, that's two pizza dinners for Neo. And the dinner just sayin
    2005 H2 Adventure

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 1,061 Posts
    Well, did he at least have some fun?
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE
    1990 1025 Armament Carrier

KJ6JCC

BlackSheep Hummer Squadron, H1 PsychoSquad

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    oh hell yes... they had a blast.
    He got out laughing, and even the whole process of loading he seemed to not be too worried.

He actually rolled it last year on a trail near me, and guess he just laughed & kept going like it was no big deal!!

They were all really great guys to have to do that hellish load with, it was fun till we had to go get Tucker to bed!!

Baja
    Thanks
    Wow, great story. Love the pictures too

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    a friend (who is now a state senator) did something similar with his new (91) Blazer. Launched the same way, but landed on the back axle. Somewhere I have pictures, but it was a glorious moon shot with the same result. We got it out on a Uhaul tow dolly.
    This too shall pass
    on a tow truck

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Modus Hoperandi. Good beer choice.
    2006 Lux - Cooper STT 35's
    Cummins 4BT engine swap
    Build Thread - http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showth...3-Build-Thread

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Nice picture of you and your little guy on the bikes, and the jeep was quite funny too

12. The Following User Says Thank You to woodwardsh3 For This Useful Post:

backcountryislife (05-19-2015)

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Wow great weeken/story!!!
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

www.ministryofadventure.ca

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    Yeah, the next day we went & rode Hells... with Abby's friend's boyfriend on my spare bike... and he hammered the gas when he needed brake, right into a rock.

It wasn't nearly as interesting when it was MY junk that was busted up.

F wheel, clutch cover, pipe, pipe guard, and a few random bent parts... boo.
    Luckliy he felt bad after that, so he stuck around while Tuck Napped, so I got to go for a real ride on my own.

Spilled Milk

Thanks
    Ok, I took a vote and you (OP) lost----ABSOLUTELY worst title for what could be possibly the coolest post I've ever read on these ol' run down forums! I've passed up reading this many times because there was NOTHING in the title that indicated the pics would be AWESOME and the story line funny---plus you've got pics and a story on runnin' dirt bikes!

Few questions that NOBODY has addressed to this point:

--why is a Bronc player driving a New Orleans themed Jeep with his buddies in Utah??????????? Utah doesn't even have a team "the Mormaneers"?
    --why not just drag that busted POS jeep onto the trailer, to hell with a high lift and whatever else, just drag it kicking and squeeling (kinda like your prom date) into the trailer?
    -- (DISCLAIMER, this is only a joke and NOT POLITICALLY correct by any means and meant to OFFEND NO ONE), what are four black guys doing in a Jeep in Moab unless they stole it in Detroit and managed not to get shot by white cops?
    --Unfortunately this post will have me banned from the forum and I'll miss you all terribly--I've finally pushed my humor to the limits. If you'll believe it, I actually edited the best part about Neo to avoid a riot in El Centro. But I will give a hint it included burning his firewood----
    --I'll make a copy of this, my final, post and for $5 you can type in your credit card info and read it in full on my new website--- "twinmill28finallywenttoofarweallknewhewascrazyazh ell.com"

The most disgraceful part for me is I'll never know what it means to be a member of "The Black Sheep Squad"--whatever that means.....

Peace out--TM28
    Quote Originally Posted by rascole View Post
    I'm pretty anal when it comes to poking holes in the wrong place.

Hammer Down!
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,361 Times in 972 Posts
    Twin, you are crazyazhell! But you are my twin brother and for that reason alone, I can't ban you. Another mod will have to ban you and me both together - we will go out together brother - like Thelma and Louise!
    “Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”
    John Wayne

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigunit For This Useful Post:

twinmill28 (06-04-2015)

Spilled Milk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigunit View Post
    Twin, you are crazyazhell! But you are my twin brother and for that reason alone, I can't ban you. Another mod will have to ban you and me both together - we will go out together brother - like Thelma and Louise!
    Dude, I am not, will NOT fall for that "Thelma and Luis' " routine again---first, dressing like a woman felt really weird, and your T--as cool as it may be, is not a Thunderbird!
    Quote Originally Posted by rascole View Post
    I'm pretty anal when it comes to poking holes in the wrong place.