• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Moab Black Sheep Week - April 8-14, 2012

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
The April 2012 dates have been confirmed with Neo! Start booking your trips. As always, it is a come and go affair and was was discussed in the other thread EJS runs through the 8th so the trails may be busy through the first weekend.

Newbies and non-HUMMERs are welcome to join. It doesn't take a built rig to have fun in Moab, though a little UCP and rocker protection can always provide some peace of mind.

Lodging includes hotels, camping, condos, etc. If you have questions on where to stay read through this thread and/or post up your questions here.

It's a trip with great wheeling, scenic views and great campfire discussions.
Moab-Top-World-101111-41-L.jpg

Moab-Gold-Bar-101211-9-L.jpg

AttendeesVehicleLodgingConfirmed?Arrival/Departure DatesHAM call sign
Neo and NavH1OutpostYPermanent
F5fstopH3N MoabYSemi-permanent
3HummersH1Motel 6YSat to SatKJ6JCC
Green 1H1Motel 6YSat to Sat
Bro of Bro of 3H1Motel 6Y
AlrockH3OutpostYSat to Sat
BigunitH3THoliday Inn ExpressYSat-Wed
LagunaH1H1Motel 6YSat to Sat or SunNR6E
TimgcoJKCampingY
HummjayH3Morris LRYSun-Sat
Hummer Investments IncH1Motel 6YSun-Sat
Pops of HIIMotel 6YSun-Sat
JR3TH3TOutpostY
TrailbreakerMorris LRN
CalamityGirlH3Morris LRY
RobFishJKcondoY
D KinseyH2GonzoYFri-Thurs
Silverton34JKMotel 6YSat-Fri
ajk150LRunder a bridgeY
H32NVH3OutpostY
06H3H3Outpost/HotelYSat-Sat
ZachH2Motel 6YSat-Sat
ReloaderH3Three Dogs and a MooseYSun-Fri
Mike EvansJKYSat-Fri
Brian ShattoJeepYSat-Fri
TrailerpupH3Thu-Sat
backcountryislifeH3YWed-Sun

Last edited:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am there and older brother Mike has said he is coming( bringing the H1 I am sure ). Trail breaker also said he was coming.

bebe

The April 2012 dates have been confirmed with Neo! Start booking your trips. As always, it is a come and go affair and was was discussed in the other thread EJS runs through the 8th so the trails may be busy through the first weekend.

Newbies and non-HUMMERs are welcome to join. It doesn't take a built rig to have fun in Moab, though a little UCP and rocker protection can always provide some peace of mind.

Lodging includes hotels, camping, condos, etc. If you have questions on where to stay read through this thread and/or post up your questions here.

AttendeesVehicleLodgingConfirmed?
Neo and NavH1OutpostY
F5fstopH3Outpost
3HummersH1Y
Green 1H1?
Bro of Bro of 3H1Y
AlrockH3Y
BigunitH3TY
LagunaH1H1Y
TimgcoJKuh . . .
HummjayH3Y
Hummer Investments IncH1Y
Pops of HIIH3?
KD7IRMH3Y
TrekkerH2Y
JR3TH3TY
TrailbreakerH3TY

Bebe and speedy

Timgco

Hugh Hefner

Attendees
Vehicle
Lodging
Confirmed?
Neo and Nav
H1
Outpost
Y
F5fstop
H3
Outpost
Y
3Hummers
H1
Y
Green 1
H1
?
Bro of Bro of 3
H1
Y
Alrock
H3
Y
Bigunit
H3T
Y
LagunaH1
H1
Y
Timgco
JK
CondoY
Hummjay
H3
Y
Hummer Investments Inc
H1
Y
Pops of HII
H3
?
KD7IRM
H3
Y
Trekker
H2
Y
JR3T
H3T
Y
Trailbreaker
H3T
Y
Bebe and Speedy
H3B
Outpost
Y

Neo

Badfish
hey Alrock , i will reserve your corner in the house ... anyone on a budget or that just wants to camp can setup here at the outpost .

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
hey Alrock , i will reserve your corner in the house ... anyone on a budget or that just wants to camp can setup here at the outpost .
Cool, thank you.

Do you guys charge a fee like the THCI does or anything to run with you?

Rollin with the Banned and the Damned , No Dues and no Dont's
Sums it up pretty well! Nope, all you gotta do is come on out.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Skinner show up and run with us and we even give you a free Black Sheep bumper sticker. We are Hummer and wheeling enthusiasts. We welcome everyone who practices responsible wheeling. As has been said, there are no fees or dues for wheeling with us.

TrailBreaker

I kknow we are about 5 months out, but has anyone looked into hotels yet?
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] here is what I found out:

Days Inn, $77 a night, 12 bad reviews out of 14, not good, we def need to stay away form there. People complained about dirty carpets and bad smell.

Holiday Inn Express, $153 a night, good reviews, nothing real bad, one customer complained his room view was blocked by the hotel sign, LOL. Whatever.

LaQuinta, $149 a night, good to excellent views, 4.5 out of 5 stars.

The Best Western is $192 a night,. Newly remodeled and walking distance to downtown.

I found all of these on Orbitz, but Travelocity, and other like sites are all the same.

All the hotels seem awfully expencive this year. Last year the Motel 6 was around $70-$80 a night, this year its about $150 a night.

Has anyone else found anything?

I know I am early, just getting excited about getting there. LOL

Jason
TrailBreaker
[/FONT]

LagunaH1

Motel 6 was (i think) 79 a night this past October....

Holy cow!!! Just looked at motel6.com for pricing.... They are quoting me 299 a night. Must be EJS that's the cause of this. There is no way I'm spending 300 a night for a Motel 6!

Last edited: