• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Pros and Cons of owning a Hummer H1

SuperBuickGuy

Your title struck me as funny - don't only convicts (cons) own a H1? (rest easy, I'm not quitting my day job for a career in comedy).

There is no downside, they're awesome.

Neo

Badfish
the narrow street part was some urban wheeling with a spotter :woot: instead of giant rocks there's chain link fences and parked cars :cheers:

USMC_315

pro- most Hummer owners will ogle you and your rig with dreams of an H1 Alpha running through their mind

con- you also dream of an Alpha b/c you don't have one :giggle:

Last edited:

High Five H2

pro- most Hummer owners will ogle you and your rig with dreams of an H1 Alpha running through their mind

con- you also dream of an Alpha b/c you don't have one :giggle:

ugh, don't remind me. I wish I had 150K just laying around. those things really are the italian sports cars of the off road world.

Panzer07

I had two H1 Alphas. Awesome rigs but too expensive to wheel hard IMO.

I wanna play u got to pay lol.
How different are the H1 from the hmmwv, it seems to me like the H1 require a lot more services than the hmmwv's and we beat the hell out of them trucks and they go strong. Is it different parts, or they are the same just more comfy and luxurious? I never been inside an H1, but I have been around the hmmwv's for the past 5 years or so...in all of its configuration, and even done some minor work and maintenance on some of them by helping the mechanics. And they are pretty easy to work on and maintain. Most of the broke hmmwv's is due to soldiers not driving or following the operators manual.

Torres

LagunaH1

They are pretty similar in a lot of mechanical areas. The electric system is different (12 volt on H1's) and the interior is very different.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very similar mechanically. T case has different yokes as do the prop shafts but they are essentially the same. H1s have all of the emissions crap on them. One of my H1 Alphas was a white wagon. Current low mileage versions run
150-200K. Wheeled versions with 60K miles run 110-125. I would rather wheel a $30,000 92 H1 and keep the change in my pocket.