• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Rubicon Trail Run May 6-11th

Scarsman

Sponsor
H1's do great. It's slow going, but they cruise right along. H2's do fine too. H3's need to be skid-plated and on 35's All rigs need Rock Sliders and Winches.

About the Rubicon, like Serg mentioned. It's non stop action from the time you leave the Kiosk. There are no breaks in the action unless you stop for lunch.

I think everyone (Hummers) should start with the Loon to Spider to Wentworth Springs loop. It is not necessary to tackle Big Sluice and Cadillac Hill your first time out. Come in Loon Lake, overnight at Spider Lake, head out Wentworth Springs.

OR, if you want to do the whole trail plan on 3 camping nights. One night at Spider Lake, one night at Buck Island Lake and one night in the Springs.

The point is to Take Your Time. Don't over-pack (weight will kill a rig on this trail). Relax, enjoy it. If you can't enjoy it, it will beat you up.

It is the most amazingly beautiful place.
Thank you! That is great to hear. I am hoping to make that trip next summer, and that is just what I wanted to hear! [emoji6]

LagunaH1

The point is to Take Your Time.

I like it. I've always thought that finesse was a better approach. That, and some common sense like, get out and look at an obstacle if there's any doubt how to approach and overcome it, etc.

Ok, cool. I've added the Rubicon to my list of "must try" trails :)

Zach

Mall Crawler
Just maybe! I know if anyone can get me through it, Bebe can. Might have to put this on the list.

Zach

Mall Crawler
If that's the case Zach, I think your Rubber Duck's going to need Rubber Duck~!~

The rear section already needs to be replaced or a big press. Waiting on Scarsman's UCP. Think I'm going with his. Front section has taken a beating but way solid, thanks for the hook up on that [emoji41]