• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

huge shoes ?

derian06

Red Rockett
been out checking around might go big 35 tires , rock stars. how are these trucks with big ones ?

You'll be happy you did it, there may be rubbing at full lock that some trimming can take care of. T-bar crank and 35's is a great combo for our rigs. Power decrease isn't that bad. Some options to get that loss of power back are: ported throttle body, pcm tune, supersparks spring delete (I5 only), air doc intake, and aftermarket exhaust.

Again I completely recommend 35's.

rsc

A body lift will let you put 37's under there. Putting a header and PCM tune will get you 30-40 hp to use with the higher gearing. (my wish list mod at the moment)

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Personally, as a daily driver I would return to 33s for the street and keep my 35s for the trail. I'm not a fan of how my truck drives with 35s. It has a hard time maintaining 70-75 on the highway. The torque converter rarely locks up at those speeds, dropping my mpg even further (10-12.5 on the highway, 12.5-13 city).

Around town, the 35s are fine for me.

taylorblake831

Yea my 35s are fine and I don't rub at all full lock not trimmed either just a -18 offset (not 100% on that offset) so it sets them out just enough I also have tbars cranked and the daystar lift tho

-TEXAS FOREVER-

High Five H2

I have an alpha, and when I get 35's I'm thinking about regearing. dunno if its worth it if I'm going to SAS in a few years, though, especially since I have a DD now.

frumaker

If anyone wants to be able to have a set of street rim and tire set up and also have a trail set, I have the rims off my 09 adventure with center caps I'll let go cheap. Just don't have the tpms

cgalpha08

"Like Nothing Else"
We never got any feedback on how it performs with 4.56! Worth it the upgrade? Hows the 0-60?
Honestly I can't give a good review yet since it's one stock size tires. So with 32's it's a lot quicker off the line, it revs too high and gas mileage is miserable. That being said, I have tuned the pcm for 4.56, or 35s. It's going to be a bit until all of that is said and done. But for now it's fast and fun!!