• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do to your H2 recently?

Polar Bear

Thanks!!!

Okay, I didn't add anything recently, but i did put about 400 miles on it this weekend, for Easter vacation. 90% interstate travel. Ride was smoother than expected. Tires are super super loud, but that's a given. Mileage dropped from the 11-12 range to the 8-9 range. As for acceleration, these tires are taller but lighter than my 41's, so it wasn't a problem. But essentially I need to jump on it, and re gear this sucker. So if any one has 4.88 or 5.15 gears for sale at a decent price. PM.

Actually go with 5.38s it will be wayyyyyy better! That is what I run with my 39s.

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

Sorry, i meant 5.13 gears. I think 5.38s would be over kill but i'll check em out. My buddy runs 4.88s with 41s and they are geared real well with em. But thanks for the advice. I'll look into it.

Polar Bear

Sorry, i meant 5.13 gears. I think 5.38s would be over kill but i'll check em out. My buddy runs 4.88s with 41s and they are geared real well with em. But thanks for the advice. I'll look into it.

You will be perfect!

Let's do some quick math.

Using the following formula; [ gear ratio x speed in mph x 336 (constant)] divided tire diameter in inches = engine rpm in 1 to 1 gear (otherwise 3rd) Note: multiply by overdrive ratio to get actual engine rpm.

So stock your tires were 315/70R17 ( Here's another quick formula for you to go from a metric sizing to standard; treadwidth x profile in % x 2 divided 25.4 (to change it to inches) + rim diameter in inches. So (315 x 0.70 x 2)/25.4 + 17 = 34.36 inches as the actual diameter of your tire. Remove another 0.75inches to give you the approximate installed height and you get 33.61inches.

So back to the original equation;

For stock tires and gears;
(4.10 x 60mph x 336)/ 33.6 inches = 2460rpm in 3rd ....... 2460 x 0.69 (overdrive) = 1697rpm in overdrive.

For your new Beast 42.5 Boggers and stock gears; (I will say 42.5inches overall height since a bias ply doesn't squat like a radial!)
(4.10 x 60mph x 336/ 42.5inches = 1944rpm in 3rd .......... 1944 x 0.69 = 1341rpm = WAY TOO LOW!!!!

With your three options;

For your new Beast 42.5 Boggers and 4.88 gears;
(4.88x 60mph x 336/ 42.5inches = 2315rpm in 3rd .......... 2315 x 0.69 = 1597rpm = Still below stock rpm so better than the 4.10s with these tires but not good enough!

For your new Beast 42.5 Boggers and 5.13 gears;
(5.13x 60mph x 336/ 42.5inches = 2433rpm in 3rd .......... 2433 x 0.69 = 1679rpm = Still below stock rpm so better than the 4.10s with these tires and better than the 4.88s but still no performance benefit we are still working to simply gain back what was lost!

For your new Beast 42.5 Boggers and 5.38 gears;
(5.38x 60mph x 336/ 42.5inches = 2552rpm in 3rd .......... 2552 x 0.69 = 1760rpm = We have finally gotten over the stock performance hump and actually got your tires spinning and your engine and transmission happier!

I am assuming that based on your location and your truck set-up you run DEEP Mud...the 5.38s combined with a high stall torque around 2800rpm will make your H2 rule the swamps!

Mine rules the roost up here and I am only running 39inch XMLs! But I do have 5.38s and the high stall torque at 2800rpm. Trust me the big tractor tire rigs will be having you pull them out!

I know this was lots of math BUT I hope it will help you make a more informed decision.

Kev

On a side note....any vids of your Monster Running some Mud????? PLEASE!!!! I would love to see your Beast tearing it up!

Last edited:

5gn-h3t

Ok, this thread has way fewer posts than the H3 version. We need to work on that.

I did a cam in my '03 and milled the heads.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2003H2.jpg
    2003H2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,623
  • H2Engine.jpg
    H2Engine.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 1,549
I did billet black side air vents, made by an aerospace company...
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 1,676
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 1,617
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    403 KB · Views: 1,932
Wait till I start posting the side and rear pics too lol! Let's just say the total is 13, you will all see what I mean soon.. and this time it's a lucky number! :horns:

ADOR

Renegade, your truck looks great. Have some questions, how difficult was it to install those extra wide fender flares? (Can you IM me the part number and cost of the kit?). Also, that air intake nozzle, is that functional? Or just for look? Looks great either way.

ADOR, yes I will pm you, the install on the wide fender flares wasn't hard, just time consuming to get them lined up right. But the great thing is that you don't even have to remove the stock fenders! These mount over them, in the rear you will just have to slightly trim the stock ones, to fit these I believe.

Synthetickiller

Just installed the scorpworks differential crossmember.
Talk about more work than I figured it would be! I'm new to working on vehicles though, so it's not surprising. It all worked out in the end & I'm not getting any shaking in my gas & break pedals anymore. The steering wheel still shakes a bit, but nothing like before. The vehicle itself has less reverberation. Overall, it's one awesome upgrade.

Here's the original, soiled by the original owner. I think he did nothing but drive the vehicle hard & ignore car washes.
9h1eRFM.jpg

Here's the upgrade.
Ux3Jzqy.jpg

Zach

Mall Crawler
Put a new bullet in the pig. All new hoses, ac comp, all the sensors, TB, water pump , belts, Mobil-1 and then some. Runs great! Now just break it in and ready for a trail

Big2dabank

Currently troubleshooting an ABS issue. What a major pain in the ass it has been? All wheel sensors appear to be ok, which narrows it down to the connectors or the EBCM. I am going to clean each of the connectors this weekend and hopefully that gets me back working, I hate not being able to shift the t-case because the abs is acting up.

Scarsman

Sponsor
I hooked up my Prodigy P3 brake controller today with the factory harness. When I unwrapped the harness I was pleasantly surprised to see it even included a 40 amp fuse for the 12V trailer power!

So, I now have working trailer brakes and power as well!