• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do to your H2 recently?

MilamJR

Replaced the rear tag mount today.
2d8b3c8598bd946ae72fbb0f9da49ffc.jpg

Big shout out to Alrock who found a source for this part that was about $100 less than I could find it for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MilamJR

Replaced the front drivers side seat cover and armrest cover. I’ve had these for a while but wanted to make sure that the H2 was going to have enough down time to get the job completed if I ran into any problems.
0328e9ce5ab2fc1235a781dd50e2be62.jpg
d1e2833d86bef93639aa6048a5580e3a.jpg
7c91450368e5d12640578f9e26bd50cc.jpg

The biggest issue was getting the clip that holds the armrest back on. Probably not easy with 4 hands but near impossible with 2. My neighbor suggested I use a rope but I used a ratchet strap instead and was able to get it done.
9d703ebdbcaf7e72ad6667bb6bdc6800.jpg

Found a good video on YouTube from The Seat Shop that was helpful. He said if you lose the clip and band you can use a
deb92b4b57a8e0dff03ad2fe6e996ba9.jpg
and #8 oring to replace them. To keep from losing another one I tied a small piece of ribbon around each so if they fell (and they did multiple times) I could just pull them back out and start over.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Replaced the front drivers side seat cover and armrest cover. I’ve had these for a while but wanted to make sure that the H2 was going to have enough down time to get the job completed if I ran into any problems.
0328e9ce5ab2fc1235a781dd50e2be62.jpg
d1e2833d86bef93639aa6048a5580e3a.jpg
7c91450368e5d12640578f9e26bd50cc.jpg

The biggest issue was getting the clip that holds the armrest back on. Probably not easy with 4 hands but near impossible with 2. My neighbor suggested I use a rope but I used a ratchet strap instead and was able to get it done.
9d703ebdbcaf7e72ad6667bb6bdc6800.jpg

Found a good video on YouTube from The Seat Shop that was helpful. He said if you lose the clip and band you can use a
deb92b4b57a8e0dff03ad2fe6e996ba9.jpg
and #8 oring to replace them. To keep from losing another one I tied a small piece of ribbon around each so if they fell (and they did multiple times) I could just pull them back out and start over.

Looks good.

Zach

Mall Crawler
Put gas in it yet again[emoji15]. New shoes, KM3’s a few months ago. And then.... put gas in it again

MilamJR

Mounted my Bush Company 270 awning today.
3653e0d1e16273541789a0e6bb9d7fed.jpg

I have their Alpha RTT which has channels along all sides for mounting points.
edaa694712f672dfb24c281210c7193e.jpg

You can use the channels across the front to mount lights or the other side to mount a shovel or max trax.
c8352677ae02115b8ea0527eb8433dcc.jpg

And it clears the rear hatch when it is open.

08H3

I had the original Destination MT. Good tire other than they were hard to balance and chunked badly. Be sure to post up your experience with the new version once you get some miles on them.

Booch

Finished my Aux battery install, I used the CTEK 250SA DC to DC charger which feeds my 100 AH battery. This feeds the 3000 Watt inverter, a Switch bank for aux components, and a 12V and USB charge points located on the control panel. I still need to improve the control panel as I feel the plastic was to thin for my needs. I added the battery blue tooth sensor with app but I will prob remove it as my battery went down over 20% since it was installed. I will see how it works when I add the solar panel to the CTEK later in the week.

inverter.jpg
control panel.jpg
battery app.jpg

Booch

I ended up mounting it using the old compressor mount, I fabricated a hold-down bracket and installed a PowerPoint for easy access for the wires, mainly because once that battery is up there its very hard to get to the connections and I couldn't put it in a battery box as its too tall so before it went up I plastic dipped all the connections on the battery just in case something made its way up there.

MilamJR

I ended up mounting it using the old compressor mount, I fabricated a hold-down bracket and installed a PowerPoint for easy access for the wires, mainly because once that battery is up there its very hard to get to the connections and I couldn't put it in a battery box as its too tall so before it went up I plastic dipped all the connections on the battery just in case something made its way up there.

Good use of the space and helps keep weight down low.

MilamJR

Had the Outfitter Designs front diff bushings installed today. You could definitely tell a difference in how tight everything felt driving home.

Iwillnc

Had the Outfitter Designs front diff bushings installed today. You could definitely tell a difference in how tight everything felt driving home.

I told you, it tightens everything up makes the whole truck feel better.