• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do to your H2 recently?

Zach

Mall Crawler
Traveling
399ff5b14d5ffebae7ee00e98417e61f.jpg
66896b1f695730caf236ca953cceeb9d.jpg
50fd68d9cce1ea76277639be5aeba10c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow! The steps? [emoji33]. Forgot you are short

Mb30sdl

Hamster that pokes Bears
Family is traveling, and with 40s it’s a lot higher now. And hey those steps a lot higher that some people’s rock-slider. [emoji41]

Last edited:

BEFE

Working on getting lights mounted. Too much? Should I just run 2? I was going to wore 2 up to a switch and 2 up to my brights.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bmonts h3

I took my radio out to be sent off to pioneer to be unlocked. I also changed the oil,put shackles on, and hit 8out of 11 grease points the other three are to much trouble:(

Attachments

• 2505F22A-1D18-4265-81B5-DE91A1D2FFD5.jpg
    2505F22A-1D18-4265-81B5-DE91A1D2FFD5.jpg
    772.6 KB · Views: 458
  • ED494474-10B8-4537-82CD-61790F244BCF.jpg
    ED494474-10B8-4537-82CD-61790F244BCF.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 454

fastedmoe

After a long struggle between a bigger lift or go smaller wheels and tires I have decided on smaller w/t being my wife is only 4’11” going bigger lift she would not want to climb up or have to repel out of my truck .
I was rolling 22” wheels wrapped with 40” tires that would rub with every turn or climbing over ruff terrain, recking havoc on steering suspension,drive shafts ,transmission.
Rolling 20”w 38”t same width dropping down I believe will save wear and Tare on everything trying to roll the monsters I had on before and dropped its weight class a bit [emoji1]
0221588035689a72a710e642239b4a82.jpg

capitalx

Probationary Member
I am wrapping up on my 5th Duramax/Allison H2 conversion. Since build 1 i disliked giving up the AWD characteristics of the Hummer. Build 4 had a 2WD AWD 4Hi and 4Low but it was manual shift. Predator builds this for their H1 conversions. (Someone bought the conversion and wanted the 263xhd with electric shift. The 242 XHD is available for sale, its 29 spline and fits behind the Allison.)

That was then and this is now. I'm VERY HAPPY to pat myself on the back and brag a little. I am on final touches and rolling out the very first AWD H2 Duramax/Allison conversion retaining all the H2 shift controls which maintains the rear locking diff and AWD.

guruerror

Disconnected the wires to the driver's seat heaters last night since the switch developed a mind of it's own. Gonna pull the switch this weekend and take a look.

RamRod

Awesome! Post up some more info!
I am wrapping up on my 5th Duramax/Allison H2 conversion. Since build 1 i disliked giving up the AWD characteristics of the Hummer. Build 4 had a 2WD AWD 4Hi and 4Low but it was manual shift. Predator builds this for their H1 conversions. (Someone bought the conversion and wanted the 263xhd with electric shift. The 242 XHD is available for sale, its 29 spline and fits behind the Allison.)

That was then and this is now. I'm VERY HAPPY to pat myself on the back and brag a little. I am on final touches and rolling out the very first AWD H2 Duramax/Allison conversion retaining all the H2 shift controls which maintains the rear locking diff and AWD.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

MixManSC

Awesome! Post up some more info!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Yes I'd love to see more on this too. @capitalx you first posted about trying this a couple of years ago and then went silent until this new post. How did things go, what sorts of costs, etc? Just like your original posts a couple of years ago anything like this for everyone else is the same questions. Spend a ton of money and hope for the best on an uncertain time line, etc.

MilamJR

Has anyone ran the wiring for a winch carrier to the rear hitch?
7c2e8d293098e8f0d47923164a9b6292.jpg

Santa brought me the Warn kit but before I start to install it I wanted to see if someone else had already done it and found the best route from the battery to the rear.

Thanks

clubhunt

Yes I have, I ran them down the driver side frame rail and the extra I just looped up. With it all being zip tied up. Also I’m direct from the battery to the back, because I didn’t want extra problems with the solenoid and what not.

Last edited:

guruerror

Uh...not cosmetic...but replaced all the slippery stuff...
Oil...tranny fluid & filter...front/center/rear diff fluid.

Thank god for Jose Cuervo.

loud_pipes

Drove it from Cleveland OH to VA Beach and back, loaded with wifey, coolers of beer and food, and our yellow lab. Great trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

guruerror

Uh...not cosmetic...but replaced all the slippery stuff...
Oil...tranny fluid & filter...front/center/rear diff fluid.

Thank god for Jose Cuervo.

Had to drop one side of the exhaust to make it easier...figured I'd put it back on today...raining. lol Guess I'm gettin' wet today.