• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

What did you do to your H2 recently?

Iwillnc

Hope it feels better on the highway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine helped all around including the highway, noticeably less clunky and the truck almost felt like it drove straighter.

Until I changed out steering boxes, that’s still giving me hell. I wish I kept my old clunky box if we are to be honest.

Reaper550

Finally had the aluminum buckets & handles put on after one of the plastic buckets decided to get pulled out by the woman lol.

Had it tinted, removed sunroof wind deflector. Next up is headlights, black grille, blacked-out fuel door.

Yes I'm aware the hood latch is undone; pics are from the woman as I'm still downrange. Some things can't be taught lol

122713351_391103885251497_5502498654120656673_n (2).jpg

loud_pipes

How’s the wind with the sunroof deflector removed? I’m tired of it chattering. I have a 52” light bar as well, which likely affects the vibrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Iwillnc

How’s the wind with the sunroof deflector removed? I’m tired of it chattering. I have a 52” light bar as well, which likely affects the vibrating.

I removed mine a couple years back and I feel the noise actually decreased to a small degree. I don’t open the sunroof as mine is semi-broken, though I do occasionally put it in vent mode.

I think it may be in best interest to keep it to prevent air getting under headliner if you frequently open the sunroof fully at high speeds - otherwise I see no reason to keep the deflector.

loud_pipes

I removed mine a couple years back and I feel the noise actually decreased to a small degree. I don’t open the sunroof as mine is semi-broken, though I do occasionally put it in vent mode.

I think it may be in best interest to keep it to prevent air getting under headliner if you frequently open the sunroof fully at high speeds - otherwise I see no reason to keep the deflector.

Good point, thanks. I do often open it all the way, including highway speeds.

Reaper550

It's not bad at all, slight increase in buffeting which can be an issue if you have long hair; otherwise no adverse affects. Around 90 mph it creates a bit of a stir but the breeze feels good in the beard. With the light bar you have, there's a pretty turbulent disturbance (causing air to tumble) creating a low pressure area and updraft i'd imagine contributing to the chatter.

There's advantages to them, I just don't like the aesthetics and don't mind a bit more breezy cabin when it's open at highway speeds. 90-95 mph isn't a common practice but when travelling that quick it's like sitting center rear seat on a Blackhawk lol.

grod98

Well it’s been a while and I finally had some time for my 2. Bought a new stock bumper about 2 years ago and finally got around to painting it black and I’m close to reinstall. Also painted the quarters and rear frame section and installed the predator brush guard about a week ago.

grod98

Thanks guys, but apparently the bumpers for the sut and suv are a little different and I somehow managed to end up with the wrong one. After pulling it apart, painting it, and waiting year to install it, I figured this out. Fml.. so another winter with no bumper for me. If anyone wants it 250$ I’m in ny about 2 hours north of the city. It’s a 08

Iwillnc

Oh damn that sucks, I didn’t even think to look but I see that now.

MilamJR

Front passenger side wheel hit a rock while at Uhwarrie last weekend. Afterwards the parking brake and ABS light came on and stayed on. Also the 4X4 controls would not work. When you would push a button to change the transfer case it would only blink then nothing would happen. My transmission guy says that he thinks that the ABS system is not communicating. Any thoughts?

High Five H2

Front passenger side wheel hit a rock while at Uhwarrie last weekend. Afterwards the parking brake and ABS light came on and stayed on. Also the 4X4 controls would not work. When you would push a button to change the transfer case it would only blink then nothing would happen. My transmission guy says that he thinks that the ABS system is not communicating. Any thoughts?

Could be the wiring to your transfer case. Mine got disconnected and had similar symptoms.

MilamJR

Decoder motor has been disconnected and reconnected along with the battery. Had to take the decoder motor off to put the transfer case into N so I could tow it home behind my Motorhome.

Iwillnc

Do you have the traction control light on along with service brake system?

Totally separate from that first idea did you check to make sure your hub wheel speed sensors are still connected and not broken?

MilamJR

Do you have the traction control light on along with service brake system?

Totally separate from that first idea did you check to make sure your hub wheel speed sensors are still connected and not broken?

My transmission guy thought that might be the problem but it looked good. He thinks for some reason the ABS is not communicating to other systems.

Iwillnc

Does the traction control light and DIC message also pop up?

MilamJR

Does the traction control light and DIC message also pop up?

The traction control light and service brake system on display was on but cleared after the battery was disconnected. Don’t remember seeing anything about DIC.

Iwillnc

The traction control light and service brake system on display was on but cleared after the battery was disconnected. Don’t remember seeing anything about DIC.

Yep, welcome to the world of bad EBCM

Ask me anything!!!!

Just for a matter of safety when the lights are lit up you have NO ABS. I found this out the almost hard way when my rear end started going east of my forward direction when I hit the brakes a little harder than normal.

Last edited:

Iwillnc

There are two repair options and I’ll let you do some research and I’ll offer my advice if you wish.