• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Walker Valley WA, Sunday, March 29

Scarsman

Sponsor
Walker Valley WA, Saturday March 28th

When:

Saturday, March 28th. Time is yet to be decided

Where:

Walker Valley OHV area. We can meet up in the staging area right when you enter the park.

Directions:
From Mount Vernon, WA

1) Take I-5
to exit 227

2) Turn east on SR-538, continue 3.6 miles

3) Turn
right (south) on SR-9, continue 3.8 miles

4) Turn left (east) on Walker
Valley Road, continue 2.2 miles

5) Turn right (east) on Peter Burns Road,
continue 1.3 miles.

Permits required:

Washington Discover Pass. An annual permit is $35, a one day pass is $11.50. It can be purchased anywhere hunting/fishing licenses are sold, or online here:

http://discoverpass.wa.gov/133/Buy-Now

If you are a Washington resident, and are needing to renew your vehicle tabs, you can get it online at the same time you renew too. Post up if you are coming, and what time you would like to meet up. We'll see what the average time desired is and then I'll post that up in the "when" section.

Last edited:

RamRod

How did I miss this!?!?
I am going to check ferry times and figure what time I can make it they for

RamRod

Just checked my ferry options, due to the return times a Sunday wheeling trip won't work for me, the latest I could leave on Sunday is 14:00 but that is at the Port Angeles terminal so getting there from the OHV area would take up all the useable wheelin time :(

RamRod

Well the ****ty part is that there is only one ferry going each way per day so basically if I load up at noon and get to Anacortez at 15:00(long wait at Friday Harbor).
But the trip back I need to leave at 8:30...
Doesn't really work out unless I take a day of work.... unfortunately I am too new at my job to start taken days off yet... I guess I will have to plan my next trip for a long weekend

Scarsman

Sponsor
Well that sucks! Well I work a rotating schedule, and I'll have Saturday/Sundays off through May 3rd, and then Sundays through May 24th. If you have time on any of those weekends let me know and I'll try to work it out.

taylorblake831

I've been over ther before but I couldn't find an open trail head that was for orv just bikes but I've seen videos of jeeps going thru the "upper timber" which looks pretty good just a little tight

Scarsman

Sponsor
I've been over ther before but I couldn't find an open trail head that was for orv just bikes but I've seen videos of jeeps going thru the "upper timber" which looks pretty good just a little tight

They are there. They have a rock gate keeper that goes around a closed gate.

I just changed the title and info to Saturday 28th.

Hummjay

Wild Thang
Hey what's that I hear about a wheeling trip to Walker Valley? Yes! We're long overdue for sure. Saturday the 28th works for me! :thumbs:

RamRod

Okay I just came up with a way to potentially make the ferries work,

Which leads me to my next question, is there any camping available near walker valley? (Bed cage mounted RTT) don't mind random camping where legal.

I can catch a ferry Friday night to Vancouver BC then cross the boarder and head south from there, which will take 3 hours total + what ever time the boarder crossing takes.

Then on the way home I can take the Anacortes ferry on Sunday at 2

This also means that I have a heck of a "To Do" list to get done to make this plan work
take the Snugtop off
move my ARB compressor
then install the bed cage and RTT
Plus I need to mount and balance my new tires and rims

....... It's possible forsure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scarsman

Sponsor
RamRod, it looks like tent camping is allowed in the staging area at Walker. There are also a ton of campgrounds around that area if you would rather be in an actual campground. If you search "Walker Valley ORV" on Google maps, and then search camping nearby you should see tons of options.

RamRod

RamRod, what time do you figure you will make it there?
Well I was going to try and make it to the area Friday night so when ever the group wants to start on Sat should work for us.... to make border crossing easier eater prob won't buy any groceries until we made it into WA... So might need some extra time first thing to grab some supplies and the discovery pass as well

Scarsman

Sponsor
You should be able to get the pass almost anywhere around there. You'll go through several towns that are sure to have a store that sells hunting/fishing stuff and any of those should have them.