• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Southern Off-road Adventure Rally in Florida

ponchoV8

Hopefully your son is well enough that he could come and ride along. I have my daughter that weekend so I can continue to expose her to my gearheadedness by bringing her with me.

ponchoV8

Nice vid. There is a guy who posted his run on the Modified course last year; the obstacles don't seem too bad for our trucks, but I want to install the Outfitter Design front diff. bushings and steering reinforcement before I attempt it just to be safe. So maybe next year for the Modified course. Gonna be fun, I'm definitely going even if I'm the only Hummer.

Cyouincourt007

Pavement Prince
Agreed, It looks like fun. I'm totally stock so that's the one I'd do at least for now. Have to get going with some ucp and mods.

ponchoV8

Here's that Modified course run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsx9fKh7_1Y

The hilly part when he goes through the tree section is what I worry about high-centering it as Jeeps with better lifts would have an advantage.

This was filmed during Jeeptoberfest, not the S.O.A.R. event, but they are held in the same place.

Last edited:

Cyouincourt007

Pavement Prince
I see lots of potential to high center or take a rock to the undercarriage. I'm a long ways from trying that one for sure. The exit hill seems like my diff would be dragging dirt, a tight squeeze and high center at top, as well as in beginning of video tight spot in between the trees with high center chance it seems. Could be my eyes playing tricks on me since on video lol. Spotters are key and some of them seem aloof at times and that's not good. If that's mid level what's the top tier one look like. The mid is doable but certain mods at minimum to even attempt. Kewl vid thanks for posting. I'm going to try to do some things maintenance wise and ucp etc wise to prep for possible run to check this out in person.

ponchoV8

Your h3 should more than be capable on the Stock course at least. After I saw the rocks at the end of the Modified run, i'll pass for now.

Cyouincourt007

Pavement Prince
Yea it's narrow, not sure if stock coarse was so narrow. Got to see vid again to check but I was already thinking at minimum side mirros got to be closed.

ponchoV8

Ehhh, my H3 is full of pinstripes from branches and stuff. Just hate how hard it is to see out of our rides at times. OTOH our rides practically turn on a dime compared to a lot of SUVs. Also, friended a guy on FB who works there and according to him over 80,000lbs of new obstacle material has been added since last year, so these trails may now not look as they appear on the videos posted. Hopefully some of you can make it. I'll be there for sure.

Last edited:

ponchoV8

Sorry for the late reply, gotta fix my notification settings. Anyhow yup, went Sunday. It was Jeep Wrangler galore. Saw one FJ and Land Cruiser, a LR Discovery and a gang of Mitsubishi Pajeros, and a '70's fullsize Blazer, otherwise a Jeepfest....lol. I was the only Hummer that day. According to the track worker they had a few Hummers on Saturday. By their pics they showed an H1 on the Saturday event pics; still waiting on the Sunday event pics to go up. At work right now but will post up pics and my vid soon. Just did the "stock" course which was pretty ez.

Cyouincourt007

Pavement Prince
Jeepfest lol, dang I wish I was there with ya...the lone wolf hummer on Sunday hehehe....kewl im eager to see some pics thanks buddy.

ponchoV8

Here are some pics from Sunday 03/08:

Ran the "stock" course twice, quite easy that any stock Hummer could manage it but good tires do help. Couple of tight spots between some trees that barely cleared my unfolded mirrors.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Jeepfest, but in reviewing my pics I did spot another Hummer! They were on the "modified" course.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bubble-bath at the end.
attachment.php

Hope some of you can make it next year, had a great time. :) Gonna do the modified course next year after I replace my disintegrating front center diff. bushing.

Attachments

• IMG_1437.JPG
    IMG_1437.JPG
    585.4 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1439.JPG
    IMG_1439.JPG
    634.3 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1444.JPG
    IMG_1444.JPG
    601.6 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1446.JPG
    IMG_1446.JPG