• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Moab April 2015 Black Sheep Week - April 5-11

LagunaH1

Great news!

Do you have any radios in the truck (yet)?

On my way to Moab I'l be on national simplex: 146.520.

There is a local 2 meter repeater in Moab but its coverage is pretty local as I recall.

abearden

Unfortunately my magmount experienced a catastrophic disassembly during the move and I've had no HAM involvement since the move, so I haven't replaced it. At a minimum I'll charge the FT60 and have that operational. Too many other things taking priority over the truck at the moment so the radio array hasn't been installed.

Given I'm coming in from the north, not sure how much overlap we'd have but I'll call when I get close.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Mrs. Reloader is thinking about doing something for a potluck too. Perhaps Lauren and Jeri should chat.

Neo

Badfish
got confirmation the tires have shipped and so have the parts from Hummer Guy :thumbs: looks like things might just come together in time :wink:

Neo

Badfish
Neo, I'm always up for wrenchin to get her ready for the week. It's tradition.

thanks man, it's going to be great to see you again and make you get your tools dirty :wink:

Neo, always willing and ready to wrench, besides half shafts are easy. Especially compared to the t-case and transmission swaps of past years. :)
thank you too man, i still think changing the tranny in a day and then running golden spike the next was some kind of record :thumbs:

Happy to help wrench sunday as well, I'll be there 3rd till the 6th.
cool man i just got back from 2 days in Delta, CO. that was what delayed my PM. looking forward to seeing you and your better two thirds (Tuck and Abby) :wink:

everyone drive safe coming over...

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Finally got the PTO signed off. Really, just need to fix the door handles on the passenger door (cold weather makes for brittle plastic brackets), pull the trailer hitch, and see what I can do about the injector that decided to spring a leak because parts finally got here, and if I have time track down the electrical gremlins (who needs gauges?!). Should probably put the skid plates back on, too, though I'm not planning on hitting anything tough.

Not quite sure if we're heading out Saturday or Sunday, but we'll be down there at some point. :)

Lauren wanted me to ask if/when we should bring or make stuff for a potluck.

If you come down on Sunday and see a 2015 White Silverado, pulling a Flagstaff (lifted) popup with a large dog in the backseat; honk...
I'm heading out Sunday AM, bright and early from north of Pocatello...probably do I-15 to Hwy 6....

ajk150

You guys still have the bike tire? Lol

Actually no, unless there was a new one found over fall. There was an attempt to put it on a certain Land Rover last spring (2014), which doesn't have as high of the ground clearance as some of you lifted H3s. I would imagine its found a new home by now, but if not it can be found somewhere up on Moab Rim.

abearden

Working on the truck today I found a few more things I'm not happy with. No trail driving for that thing. Wouldn't want to risk it knowing my front axle would probably grenade itself. Can't wait to have room to work on it again, then I might follow Chris' example and SAS the damn thing (of course, doing that would make me want a 6BT too...).

If there's spare seats and willing drivers, Lauren and I will tag along for a few rides. Otherwise, a week off in Moab camping, hiking, taking pictures, and hanging with the H4O crew in the evening sounds like a good week away anyway!

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
No way, no how. You're wheeling with us in your own rig. [emoji12]
We will put a new CV in it for you if it breaks and I will donate one of my spare CVs to the cause. Easy, fast fix for the Black Sheep. [emoji12]

LagunaH1

Driving mine today, there's definitely *something* loose in the front end or in the driveline. Gotta get under the truck and see what I can find

Zach

Mall Crawler
No way, no how. You're wheeling with us in your own rig. [emoji12]
We will put a new CV in it for you if it breaks and I will donate one of my spare CVs to the cause. Easy, fast fix for the Black Sheep. [emoji12]

You know he doesn't have a 3, right?

Zach

Mall Crawler
That was my point. He should of never gotten rid of his H3. [emoji12]

I don't think he ever had a 3. If the halfshafts are the same as mine and his issue it the halshaft, I can send one of my spares via Moab express with the other stuff going. But, I think they are different

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I was indeed. H4O is my priority - especially a week before BSHS week! [emoji12]. Had the 'Cats won, I was going to have had to pike on Moab since I would have been required to be in Indy with my alma mammy! Things have a way of working themselves out.

Last edited:

abearden

:giggle:

This is why I hang with you guys, you're awesome. I appreciate the sentiment, but ain't going to happen. Don't want to waste the money on it right now because I might ditch it. It was bought specifically to get around California's crazy SMOG laws, but I'm not beholden to them anymore so it may end up being more problems than it's worth. Plus, I might be picking up a laser cutter soon and that's a much better use of the money. Not just the axle and pretty sure if I start twisting things up on the trail and loading the front diff it's not a matter of if, but when, and that's just not right to do to friends on the trail. It'll do just fine for camping though!

And no, I've not yet owned a Hummer. I'd love to own an H1 at some point, maybe with a Duramax or Cummins in it, but Laguna dragged me out with you guys and the group was too awesome to avoid so I stuck around with my beat up truck.