• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Moab April 2015 Black Sheep Week - April 5-11

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I ran a stock base H3 for several years in Moab. You should consider under carriage protection and rocker protection (not nerf/step bars!) for protection and peace of mind. You will also want to make sure you don't have "P" (passenger car)rated tires that come on base H3s (not sure about the H3X models) vs. "LT" (light truck). Tires make a huge difference and P rated tires will get shredded on the rocks.

nightstalker

Running goodyear SR-A tires (came with the hummer) I do have the nerf bars that I would remove but was wondering, if I'm on the trail are there bail out options? Can I go around the big rock? I have been looking at utube vids and I want to go but I just don't have the money now for sliders,tires,arb bumpers and a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panzer07

So dumb question here. But this would be my first time heading to Moab. Is there camping grounds or someone's back yard that don't mind me setting a tent for the night and taking apart on the day. Only if I happen to take my wife and daughter if it is myself then I don't mind camping in my truck. Anyways any info help would be appreciate it.

Torres

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Zach

Mall Crawler
So dumb question here. But this would be my first time heading to Moab. Is there camping grounds or someone's back yard that don't mind me setting a tent for the night and taking apart on the day. Only if I happen to take my wife and daughter if it is myself then I don't mind camping in my truck. Anyways any info help would be appreciate it.

Torres

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

If you do camp in Neo's yard, I highly suggest not being next to 06 H3.

Panzer07

If you do camp in Neo's yard, I highly suggest not being next to 06 H3.

Hahaha

Torres

-Friedrich Nietzsche

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
Running goodyear SR-A tires (came with the hummer) I do have the nerf bars that I would remove but was wondering, if I'm on the trail are there bail out options? Can I go around the big rock? I have been looking at utube vids and I want to go but I just don't have the money now for sliders,tires,arb bumpers and a lift.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some obstacles have bypasses; many don't. Others have taken "unprotected" H3s on the trails. We are careful about keeping owners from doing obstacles or trails that may be beyond their capabilities or that of their truck. There are always open seats too if a trail might be too rough.