• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Maxtrax

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
James,
Maxtrax are A+. If you want to try the Smittybilt version, I have a new set NIB that I will give you for free. Just pay shipping. That way, you can review for the good of the group.

Panzer07

Hunner has them...and big unit if palading don't want them I'll be more than happy to take them off your hands...I been looking at this for sometime...but been putting it out...I sure would love this for the mud and snow.

Torres

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Fernando, if Paladine71 doesn't want them, they are your yours. I will take and post pics for you guys.

Chook

Yep, I have 4 of them. I have not had to use them in anger but confident I can self recover with them. Lots of uses other than recovery like portable boat ramp etc. The only warning is to make sure you fit the tell tales as it is easy to lose them in the mud & soft sand (even the bright orange ones)

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I have them and have used them to recover my truck using them stacked as a bridge. I was amazed that they held the weight of my truck.

06e4327d.jpg

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

hockeymanam

they guys on the alaskan offroad show used them many times in last nights episode! And like mentioned above it took them a while to find the orange ones in the mud!

08H3

I don't have the brand name, but I have a set of generics. The ones I have are not intended to be used as a bridge, but just as a traction aid / weight distribution. I've used them in snow and sand and they worked well.

Paladine71

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Thanks, bro. That's very generous of you. If they are black, I'll gladly take them. If not, Panzer can review them for us. My set will have to be black because I want to carry them on the inside of my roof rack and still blend with the color scheme of the vehicle. I don't want to carry them on the inside because I don't want to drag mud and snow back in with them after use. I've heard about the loss issues and would resolve that by attaching a long strand of engineering tape or a strap to them for ease of recovery in deep mud and snow. I've heard that the MAXTRAX ones are the strongest, while some of the other ones get cracked with use.

Hunner, what's your review of them?

Last edited:

zackcrum

Thanks, I've heard about the loss issues and would resolve that by attaching a long strand of engineering tape or a strap to them for ease of recovery in deep mud and snow

Careful not to get that wrapped around a Cv and bust a boot or rip a abs line.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I've heard about the loss issues and would resolve that by attaching a long strand of engineering tape or a strap to them for ease of recovery in deep mud and snow.

Mine came with recovery straps that you attach to the handles. They're more for when they get stuck in the mud under vacuum and impossible to extract. I just attach a tow strap to recovery strap and drive till they pop out. Do the same thing with the PullPal.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"