• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Dealership woes: Carl Black GMC Kennesaw

Humvee21

Hey all,

With so few Hummer dealers around these days, I figured I'd warn fellow Hummer owners about my awful experiences with Carl Black GMC Kennesaw off of Barrett Pkwy in Kennesaw, GA. Here is a direct copy and paste of my review of the dealership and my experience with them.

Never have I ever received such awful service. I made an appointment with Brian Honea to bring in my vehicle to have it looked at. The appointment was scheduled 3 WEEKS in advanced because Brian advised me that they did not have an opening. The day of my appointment, I showed up 15 minutes early. I got out of my vehicle and had to wait 45 minutes before someone greeted me and looked up my appointment. I gave them my name, address, and phone number but they had told me that I had no appointment scheduled. I said I scheduled the appointment with Brian Honea and the service adviser I was speaking to stated "I understand now. Brian only makes 'mental appointments'." That's fine, I don't really care what Brian does just as long as it doesn't affect me. Well, it did. I asked them to speak with Brian and they had told me that Brian had just left for the day. They said that they wouldn't be able to look at my vehicle that day even though I had made an appointment with them 3 weeks in advanced. I told them that I would reschedule since I didn't make arrangements to leave my vehicle with them for a couple days.

The next time, I scheduled the appointment 1 week in advanced so that I could make arrangements for me to leave my vehicle with them during the day. I arrived on my appointment day to drop off my vehicle. This time, I was quickly greeted by a service adviser and she immediately began to look up my appointment. Again, I gave my name, address, and phone number but AGAIN was unable to find my appointment. She stated that they may need the vehicle a couple days since it was now considered a "work in appointment." I only made arrangements to leave the vehicle with them during the day, not overnight. I asked her to speak to Brian since this was my second time coming back because of them not entering my appointment in the system, and that I did make an appointment so it shouldn't be considered a "work in appointment."

Since the first incident, I have left 2 messages on Brian's voicemail. I still have not received a call back. I have spoken to multiple people about this issue and nobody has been able to help me. I would never recommend this dealership to my worst enemy. This dealership is awful and will not treat their customers right. If they cannot treat their customers right, think about how they treat your vehicle.

UPDATE

An update to my original review. I went to pick up my vehicle at the end of the day. Little to my surprise, my vehicle still was not diagnosed. Instead, it was sitting there the entire day. I asked the service adviser that had checked me in earlier that morning if Brian Honea was there and he was. I had patiently waited 20 minutes to speak with him. I approached him and explained my situation. Instead of apologizing, he ACCUSED me of showing up a day late to my originally scheduled appointment. At the end of our conversation, he said he wanted to get together with me and the service adviser that was helping me that day to figure out a resolution. As soon as he said that, he went somewhere in the back. I waited another 5 minutes and he never came back. It seems that poor customer service is a pattern at Carl Black. Anyway, I have been more than patient with this dealership. I will not be wasting anymore time with them. When I got in my vehicle to drive off, there was a foul smoke smell in the cabin and I do not smoke, nor do I let anyone smoke in my vehicles.

If management at Carl Black GMC would like to contact me about my experience with this dealership, you can do so by looking my information up in your system. I've had to provide it several times for you to get my appointment in the system. I will not be contacting this dealership for any purposes. My vehicle is a Hummer H2 and I am sure if you ask Brian he will not forget who I am.

Last edited:

Big2dabank

Its amazing at how service can differ from dealership to dealership, the Carl Black GMC in Orlando has worked on my H2 a few times and they provided outstanding service.

Humvee21

Its amazing at how service can differ from dealership to dealership, the Carl Black GMC in Orlando has worked on my H2 a few times and they provided outstanding service.

I agree. The variation of customer service is astounding. In this day and age, you see internet companies battling it out for who has the best customer service... If only dealerships had this kind of competition, the world would be a much better place.

On a side note, can anybody recommend a good Hummer service dealership anywhere in Georgia? I wouldn't mind a bit of a drive if it was worth it.

DJinCO

I doubt you will hear anything from them.
They don't care. It is obvious.
They probably figure that you won't buy a new Volt, so they don't need to do anything for you or your H2.

I would be really surprised if they contact you.
I wouldn't let them get within 15 feet of my HUMMER.

Humvee21

I use Carl Black in Roswell for my H3s and they have always taken care of me. Ask for Tommy Webb in service

Thanks! I will give them a shot if I need to return to the dealer.

I doubt you will hear anything from them.
They don't care. It is obvious.
They probably figure that you won't buy a new Volt, so they don't need to do anything for you or your H2.

I would be really surprised if they contact you.
I wouldn't let them get within 15 feet of my HUMMER.

I completely agree with you. They did respond to my initial review with a generic response though.
Mr. Chang, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. As a valued customer, we take your feedback seriously. Carl Black aims to consistently deliver a high level of satisfaction to every customer, every time. On this occasion it appears that the level of service you received was unacceptable. We would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you had at our dealership. We tried to get in touch with you to personally apologize, but we were unable to do so. Please contact Terry Fortson, (770)424-2200, or e-mail your phone number and best time to reach you to Facebook@CarlBlack.com, at your earliest convenience so that we may make amends. We look forward to working with you again in the future.

I don't count on them contacting me nor do I count on them making things right. I've already put this behind me and accepted that I'm never going to get my wasted time back. Honestly, it's already hard enough for me to build up the courage to take my Hummer into the dealer and now this just makes me feel even more reluctant to do so. I was hoping that once Brian and I discussed my situation face to face, we'd be able to figure out why things went sour. I find it funny that when I introduced myself to him he thought we had just spoken over the phone a week before my second visit to the dealership. No, Brian. This has been a development of over a month now...

Sorry for the vent. This is truly behind me now.

EDIT

I just noticed that their response said that they "tried to get in touch with me." This is a complete lie...

Last edited:

CaseyS

If you could buy a vehicle direct from the manufacturer, dealerships would become extinct overnight. And it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. It would open up competition for quality service providers.

SuperBuickGuy

I don't understand why you're trying to call the monkey that screwed up. Call the dealership owner and tell them your issue - if the problem can be fixed, it will be fixed by the owner; not the monkeys in the shop.
Add Lee Johnson Chevrolet in Kirkland Washington to that list of terrible dealerships... with that said, just down the street, at Bellevue Chevrolet, is the best Hummer mechanic I've ever found. With that said, unless it's warranty, why are you getting overcharged by people who, for the most part, can only do what the Tech II tells them to do? all the good mechanics (save the one I mentioned above) go work for someone else once they're fully trained.

Unfortunately most car dealers suck when it comes to service, because unfortunately they know most people will return to them because of exactly that, distance and travel! Let alone they don't treat there own workers kindly, so why would the employees treat customers kindly... And that Unfortunately it usually stems from the top.

Lchase

I agree. The variation of customer service is astounding. In this day and age, you see internet companies battling it out for who has the best customer service... If only dealerships had this kind of competition, the world would be a much better place.

On a side note, can anybody recommend a good Hummer service dealership anywhere in Georgia? I wouldn't mind a bit of a drive if it was worth it.
Rick Hendricks chevy in gwinnet has treated me good so far, they have replaced many parts under warranty without me having to tell them somethings wrong.