• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Tires

USMC_TOP

Anyone ever use these tires before? If so how did they hold up?
fc960ffcd369437bc1e347ba23078ca0.jpg

fd6abceca0eb2c84745e59faae0ba30a.jpg

Last edited:

Bananatank

Not personally but a buddy of mine with a jacked up silverado runs these and he loves them and I've ridden with him when he has taken it mud riding and it did well offroad. Idk if this helps any lol but he loves em

USMC_TOP

Yes it does Thank you sir! Tire Rack had 0.0 ratings. I have ran bfg muds in the past and they were ok off road and good on road. these are cheeper than the bfg mud wonder why the bfgs are do expensive these days?

derian06

Red Rockett
Yes it does Thank you sir! Tire Rack had 0.0 ratings. I have ran bfg muds in the past and they were ok off road and good on road. these are cheeper than the bfg mud wonder why the bfgs are do expensive these days?

Go with goodyear fierce attitude mt, cheap and are great on and offroad. One of the most overlooked mtr.

SedonaBound

Cepeks I rode on in a friend's Jeep were the noisiest tires I ever heard. He got rid of them after a year because of the noise.

USMC_TOP

I never knew anyone that any DC tires. I have never been a Goodyear tire fan. Only because I have ran a few sets on vehicles over the years and they never seemed to last very long. I have gotten 80k from a set of BFG AT'S though. 60k on BFG MT'S. Derian I didn't see those @ tire rack. How many miles did you get out of them?

MaxPF

AGNTSA
Can't help you with the MC's. I did have 37" Dick Cepek Radial FCII's (now discontinued) on my truck, which were supposedly the same carcass and compound. They were excellent off road and had tough sidewalls. They also didn't chunk an unreasonable amount. They were good on-road when new, but they quickly became out-of-round, impossible to balance, and fairly loud. To be fair they were 37-12.5-15's, and I have yet to see a 37" tire on a 15" wheel that stays balanced worth a crap. Probably explains why Cepek, M/T (Cepeks parent company), Cooper (the company that actually makes the tire), BFG, Goodyear, and pretty much all the big players don't make tires bigger than 35" for a 15" wheel. Eventually I holed one and shredded it, but they were bald by then and had been aired down and beat on countless times.

If they had kept the FC-II I would probably consider buying them again, although in 35" for a 17" wheel. The new Fun Country (the FC-IIs replacement) is definitely on my list the next time I shop for tires. The MC is a bit to agressive for the amount of street time my junk gets :)

derian06

Red Rockett
I never knew anyone that any DC tires. I have never been a Goodyear tire fan. Only because I have ran a few sets on vehicles over the years and they never seemed to last very long. I have gotten 80k from a set of BFG AT'S though. 60k on BFG MT'S. Derian I didn't see those @ tire rack. How many miles did you get out of them?

I havent owned them, I'm just going off of reviews online. I think the wear life is around 25-50k miles here is the link on one of the reviews http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/Goodyear-Fierce-Attitude-MT.htm all are 3.5-4 stars. But it seems as though they only have them in 285 and 315.
3a92165aac88dc5cd8b49b28f74c68c7.jpg
e42136418e4417710193afd8434249b9.jpg

jphh20

4b33281d4c5d1a69e7eb1c05397d4fdd.jpg
9231b36a1582819276e3973cccd179ab.jpg

I am currently running the new Dick Cepek fun country's. 315/70/17 and very happy with the decision. The tire is an aggressive AT and has some slight growl but expected with its tread pattern design. I would expect the growling only increases as you get more aggressive in tread pattern. I currently have 12000 miles on them and they are wearing like steel. They perform very well on and off road but ball up in thick soupy mud. These fit my needs on and off road. Like any tire rotation and alignment are key and I would buy another Dick Cepek set when it comes time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

taylorblake831

Kumho M/T are pretty solid I like them a lot and they have tons off traction off road I think it's only me and buickguy on here running these, I think they are pretty underrated and you get a a lot of road miles out of them

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417621024.240902.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417621024.240902.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 226

RamRod

Kumho M/T are pretty solid I like them a lot and they have tons off traction off road I think it's only me and buickguy on here running these, I think they are pretty underrated and you get a a lot of road miles out of them

I was looking for reviews on that tire last night, going to be buying a new set after xmas

arkalpha

Hell yea I love them I went muddin last night, I had sloppy mud half way up the tire and water up to the fender line didn't even start to get stuck
I've had these for a while. Ride great. Road noise is minimal. No vibration, they balanced good. Great price from discount tire direct. I have the 35/12.5r 17. Liked them enough to buy a second set for my son's 4Runner.

4speedfunk

wonder why the bfgs are do expensive these days?
Easy answer...

Ever notice that BFG does not make wheels, shocks, lift-kits, or accessories? They are strictly a rubber company. They don't really go after the daily-driver market. Instead they focus on special-purpose tires...in all forms of motorsports. They support racing (probably more than any other tire company), and the research they do via competition seems to trickle down faster to the consumer, than any other tire company. Every ten years or so...they release a new tire that totally re-defines a category. Its just my opinion...but old stand-bys like Goodyear and Firestone cannot keep up with the innovations rolling out of BFG. Yes. I'm biased. I have owned many sets of BFG ATs & MTs over the years, and as long as BFG makes a great product...I'll be running them.

I used to be a life-long GM fan too...now look at the crap they make! Nothing lasts forever.

therick04pp

I havent owned them, I'm just going off of reviews online. I think the wear life is around 25-50k miles here is the link on one of the reviews http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/Goodyear-Fierce-Attitude-MT.htm all are 3.5-4 stars. But it seems as though they only have them in 285 and 315.
3a92165aac88dc5cd8b49b28f74c68c7.jpg
e42136418e4417710193afd8434249b9.jpg
Been running them for a year now. So far, they are outstanding in the snow and mud, good in rain and about what you'd expect from a mud tire in big puddles.

They're fairly quiet on the road, has a nice gentle hum when making turns and you can feel them through the wheel ever so slightly while driving. Not to mention, they look DEAD SEXY. Haha. I've had numerous people come up to the tires to see what they are.

I highly recommend them. Performance is great, looks are great, price is good. Worth every penny.

Jeremy

You should look into Firestone's Destination MT tire. I have put at least 50K on them and they are almost ready to retire. They're great off road and I've never had a flat. The're aren't a bank buster either. They aren't cheap because they're MTs but they also aren't some 300+ TOYO tires.

Con: They're loud on the highway.

USMC_TOP

I have the Destination AT'S on my truck now. They are quiet and seem to be holding up well. Only thing I hate about them is they pick up stones. I l live on a dirt road and the tread is the perfect width to pick up tons of stones. I mean like a ridiculously amount maybe 60 stones each tire and I only have a half mile of dirt road to drive on. When I hit the pavement, well you know the drill. Ping ping ping.......drives me nuts that's why I'm looking into new skins. Thank you all for your advice, Goodyear is out of the question for me. They just don't last. I'm an arsenal sergeant at a prison and part of my duties are maintaining our vehicles. The State has a contract with Goodyear and I have to use them. I only get 5000 miles out of them on my perimeter vehicles. Goodyear Wranglers. My transportation vans get about 40000 and they are a street tire.

USMC_TOP

Granted the perimeter trucks do only go around in circles and that is a huge factor. I'm sure no tire would hold up very long with this type of driving so maybe I'm being a little harsh on Goodyear...........:)