• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Finally pulled the trigger and MR762A1 !!!

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Anyone have a Nighthawk Talon 9mm 1911? Thinking of getting one. I hear that the reliability of these is the best and worth the price. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Panzer07

Anyone have a Nighthawk 9mm 1911? Thinking of getting one. I hear that the reliability of these is the best and worth the price. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Someone with a username "bigunit" shouldn't be asking about 9mm...specially when talk/asking about it for a 1911 platform...Just Saying....lol jk

Torres

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love my 70 series Colt Cup National Match pistols but I have to say that I really like the Sig 1911 pistols. I have a C3 and full size. Tack drivers out of the box. Of course they are all 45ACP. Luis my wife carries a 9mm. :)

Panzer07

With scopes I strongly suggest you get one of the known and proven brand names. At the top are Zeiss/Hendsoldt, Kahles, Schmidt & Bender, US Optics, Steiner. Next step down is IOR Valada, Nightforce, Vortex, Bushnell, etc.

Must have features:

34 mm tube. Allows for much more elevation adjustment for longer distances. Allows more light transmission. Smaller 30mm or 1" tubes have very little adjustment and are inferior in low light situations.

Mil reticle with 0.5, 0.2 or 0.1 Mil stadia lines on first focal plane. Second focal plane sounds good on paper but ads and additional calculation every time you change the magnification. It's a nightmare to deal with if you have to shoot fast.

0.1 Mil adjustments (1cm @ 100m) on elevation and windage knobs. Saves having to calculate anything when you miss. If you miss by .5 Mils you adjust .5 Mils to get back on target. With MOA you have to calculate the difference between Mils and MOA.

Rule of thumb for magnification is you need x1 per every 100 yards. Since a 308 is generally effective under 1000 yards you really don't need anything passed x12. As I explained before I have engaged human size targets out to 1200 meters with a x8.5 mag scope with no problem.

If you can't afford an expensive scope from the get go get a fixed x10 scope from SWFA and then save for one of the good ones. The fact that the scope is fixed power it saves a lot of the manufacturing nightmares of the variable scopes. X10 is a good compromise for just about anything.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Well with tax return around the corner. I'll have some spare money to invest it in a well wanted glass.
This are my options so far
I'm in a dilemma between them all. I need some subsections lol to help me make my mind.
I like the Kahles for their price and reputation and well they are Austrian German optics. They warranty is cool and are well known for fixing really old optics made by them.
As well they price are pretty affordable for what you getting.
My next one is Schmidt und Bender, I really like one of their scopes in particular the 3-27x56 high power scope but it is quite pricy again you get what you paid and it is German made, they have other options that are pretty similar but more affordable.
Lastly it is the Vortex, they glass comes from Japan I'm not sure if they are assemble over seas or in the states. But for what I understand Japanese glass it is top notch and one of the leading glasses out there right now....price wise it is about the same as kahles idk about quality wise. I talked to people that do long range and they love it with some few not liking it but more due to personal choice not quality wise and they dont bashing on it. What's great about this optics is that they would fix or replace the optic no matter what, which is totally awesome but it sort of comes pricier than the kahles and a little close to one of the U.S. Optic scope I was looking for but didn't get to write the info down...and then there's us optics a total and complete customizable optic for about $2,900

I Need Serious Help Here !!!
4af8bc3c3503d7df03b1da89250fc33c.jpg

Torres

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Too much stuff out there that I want and I don't even have time to shop. Just ordered my Spuhr mount for the SCAR 17s. That and the Geiselle trigger are all I have had time for. Scope shopping is next.

SWANK3T

By the way, the guy at the store I purchase my rifle from, advise me to get the Leopold mark 6 1-6x20mm (34mm) m6c1
55ee1bc91c098116b5cbadac89bc2959.jpg

he said that since my MR762 it has a 16.5 inch barrel and it is a semi-auto rifle and with a .308 round i should be happy by being able to engage target at a maximum of 800 yards. Keeping in mind that that's the .308 max effect range rating. That would be not including that my barrel would be shorter 4 inch thus making engaging target any further harder and not too realistic. He told me that for anything farther than 800 yards I'd need something more like a Remington 700 bolt action with a 20 inch barrel. Which I think makes more sense. Anyways what's your take on that recon.

The scope comes with 2 optional reticles
add16f07165b59144deb25b1f823fa2d.jpg

bb36c47223ca2709bc3815955b03a6a5.jpg

Once again I like the TMR reticles
But he said if it was up to him he would recommend the CMR reticles since ip everything it is pretty much lay out for you.

Torres

No way my DPMS LRT SASS was good to go at 1000. 308 won't be a power house at that range but you'll hit. In general never trust cali gun shops on guns that said there are always exceptions.

Last edited:

Panzer07

No way my DPMS LRT SASS was good to go at 1000. 308 won't be a power house at that range but you'll hit. In general never trust cali gun shops on guns that said there are always exceptions.

Yeah i agree. I decided in going with this scope. It has nice reviews and seems well built and suitable for my use as well the life time warranty no questions ask makes it hard to beat.
I kind of think it is a little to powerful but then again that's fine. I could always put it on another rifle.
http://youtu.be/BWzolCEilTQ

Torres