• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

EoTech - HHS

SolidusJ

So I like having an red dot but I fully believe in "iron sight never run out of battery" but I would like a small amount of zoom like the ACOG so I came across the EoTech - HHS. Pretty much you have your red dot at the ready and then when you need to reach out and touch somebody you flip down the 3x magnifier and your good to go. I got to play with one yesterday and it felt awesome and performed great only thing is I might need a flip rear sight but I think I'm going to get one. Anyone running with this set up?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 51DxIuYc1sL._SX425_.jpg
    51DxIuYc1sL._SX425_.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 409

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I'm running that setup but with the ballistic reticle. It's super accurate. You can get mounts to swap between the magnifier and a PVS14. Very nifty.

17612b0b075426d609d6796d903643c1.jpg

eotech-reticle-with-4-aiming-points-298x142.jpg

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

SolidusJ

I'm running that setup but with the ballistic reticle. It's super accurate. You can get mounts to swap between the magnifier and a PVS14. Very nifty.

eotech-reticle-with-4-aiming-points-298x142.jpg

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Yup that's the one I picked up :giggle:. I just went back to the store and I made a deal to get it a little cheaper with flip sights.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Al are you running the EXPS3.4? I was looking at that but not sure I like the cluttered sight picture. I was leaning toward the EXPS3.2. I am going to get the 3x Eotech magnifier with it also. Have you had any issues with burn in on the PVS14 or do the NV settings really prevent it?

SolidusJ

Al are you running the EXPS3.4? I was looking at that but not sure I like the cluttered sight picture. I was leaning toward the EXPS3.2. I am going to get the 3x Eotech magnifier with it also. Have you had any issues with burn in on the PVS14 or do the NV settings really prevent it?
I'm going out to the range on sunday with a little over 400 rounds to zero the new flip sights and the EO and I'll post up how it goes :thumbs:.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel

No clue what model it is. :) It's not cluttered at all. Just turn down intensity some. No problems with burn ins. The NV setting works as it should. I've been using it with same PVS14 since the gen 1 Eotechs and it's good as new. I've done some extensive night exercises with it behind the Eotechs.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
The sight picture looks like the 3.4. Seems better for more deliberate shooting, maybe not as good for quick acquisition. Don't have enough time behind either one to have decided though.

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I use mine 95% of the time for close up stuff and I don't even notice the additional dots. I use the lowest dot when doing building clearing to compensate for offset. The 5% that I have used it for shots out to 400 meters, it was great to have. People that only had single dots had a hard time engaging the targets. I would get first shot hits. It's worth it.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Panzer07

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

These are some beautiful rifles.
I can hardly contain the excitement of getting my MR762 in a couple days.

Torres

Panzer07

Thanks. These are locally manufactured rifles here in NC. MR762 is a serious rifle too!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Oh that's nice...so I'm assuming they are 100 custom made.
And tell me about it they are so legit IMO lol...can't wait to shoot it.

Torres

SolidusJ

So had some fun today but I need some help on what's going on.

Here's 25 meters zeroed and with the magnifier

50 meters zeroed and with the magnifier

70 is even higher but the funny part is I'm using the fist top dot on all 3 location. So I'm but lost with the M68 I would aim just a tab bit higher with the long range targets but with my EO is seems like I need to aim lower which is wired with the bullet drop and all that right? Also this is my first with and EO so I just might need to get use to it but if you guys could help me out that would be great

25 meter iron/EO/magnifier 90 rounds.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
55 or 62 grain? I am sure there are people on here much better than I am but I would guess that if you had shot a group at 100 meters it would have dropped the round roughly back in the X ring. Trajectory rise at the intermediate range may explain it.

SolidusJ

55 or 62 grain? I am sure there are people on here much better than I am but I would guess that if you had shot a group at 100 meters it would have dropped the round roughly back in the X ring. Trajectory rise at the intermediate range may explain it.

55 grain you have a great point so I would have to aim lower for the targets? Seems wired but I never really got to really fire an M4 on hours on end trying new things.

Scarsman

Sponsor
Every zero actually has two zeros. Imagine your line of sight is a laser beam. A straight line from your eye ball, through your sights/optic/scope, and to your target, and beyond. Your bullet trajectory is an arc. Now you have your optic zeroed at 25 meters, so the bullet is leaving your rifle on the upward side of the arc. At 25 meters it is intersecting with your line of sight on its way up. At some point it will reach the top of the arc and start coming back down. On the downward side of the arc it will once again intersect with your line of sight, your second zero. Exactly where this happens is determined by the bullet weight, speed, and type.

Most people prefer a 50 yard zero for the AR style rifle. It will generally fall back through the line of sight at about 225 yards, and the bullet will never be more than about two inches above or below line of sight out to 225 yards.

Again, that is general. The exact rise and second zero point are subject to bullet weight, style, and speed, but will be close to that.

Hope that helps a bit.

Last edited:

SolidusJ

Every zero actually has two zeros. Imagine your line of sight is a laser beam. A straight line from your eye ball, through your sights/optic/scope, and to your target, and beyond. Your bullet trajectory is an arc. Now you have your optic zeroed at 25 meters, so the bullet is leaving your rifle on the upward side of the arc. At 25 meters it is intersecting with your line of sight on its way up. At some point it will reach the top of the arc and start coming back down. On the downward side of the arc it will once again intersect with your line of sight, your second zero. Exactly where this happens is determined by the bullet weight, speed, and type.

Most people prefer a 50 yard zero for the AR style rifle. It will generally fall back through the line of sight at about 225 yards, and the bullet will never be more than about two inches above or below line of sight out to 225 yards.

Again, that is general. The exact rise and second zero point are subject to bullet weight, style, and speed, but will be close to that.

Hope that helps a bit.

It does and I'm thinking of leaving the iron at 25M and the EO at 50M. I plan to hit the 100M dead center and be happy with it, it's an AR not a sniper rifle how I see it.

Scarsman

Sponsor
I would recommend having them the same. That way you only have one point-of-aim point-of-impact set to learn.

A 50 zero will have you around 1-1.5" high at 100. Well within minute-of-bad-guy! [emoji41]