• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

NW Overland rally June 25-28

RamRod

Cool! If my next planned move happens I will only be a ferry ride and a quick drive away!

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

RamRod

I heard a saying about Victoria, its filled with "Newly Wed's and Nearly Dead's"

Looking like it can be done in 7.5h or 6 hours if we take two ferry's.... So want to make it to one of these events!!

SuperBuickGuy

I heard a saying about Victoria, its filled with "Newly Wed's and Nearly Dead's"

Looking like it can be done in 7.5h or 6 hours if we take two ferry's.... So want to make it to one of these events!!

I've heard Arizona is filled with mostly-deads, so I suppose that's better ... of course, that begs a question, since you're not the latter - do you have something to tell us?

RamRod

I've heard Arizona is filled with mostly-deads, so I suppose that's better ... of course, that begs a question, since you're not the latter - do you have something to tell us?

Not yet, we both might be going back to school in Sept

I'll have to meet up with you guys along the WBCDR. Got the track loaded onto my GPS already and everything!

Sent from handheld smoke signal device

RamRod

I am going to catch the 2:30 a ferry to Anacortes arriving at 3 then from there head straight to the expo, anyone going to be taking a similar router hat wants to meet up along the way post up here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SuperBuickGuy

I may be running the WBDR with a couple friends coming up from the south... it that doesn't pan out, I'll meet you in Anacortes - maybe take hwy 20 over then south on the WBDR trail? I have friends who own a ranch about 1/2 way down to Plain - I'm sure they'd welcome us.

Actually, for all it matters, we could run it south after the Rally... be on the highway in Stevenson on Tuesday headed back to life?

Last edited:

RamRod

The first half I was what I was thinking of doing, second half sounds great, but I start a new job Feb 2nd so I will have to see how taking extra time off would play out with the new company.

But running it South would be awesome!

Hills

Decide to go yet or not?

I'll be there!

I am pretty sure it is a go. If you and superbuick are going then I am in for sure. I dont think my trailer will be done in time. But I am still going to drag it up there.

Last edited:

RamRod

I am pretty sure it is a go. If you and superbuick are going then I am in for sure. I dont think my trailer will be done in time. But I am still going to drag it up there.

I haven't bought my pass yet, but I will be buying them this Feb.

We'll have to arrange enough space at the camp grounds for the H4O crew!

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Hey SBC, how's wabcdr going to work? Last I heard large sections had been closed without a timeframe to reopen due to the large fires last year. I've been itching to drive it for quite a while and had to cancel last year last minute due to those fires.

SuperBuickGuy

Dunno, at this point, I may not be able to go as I think my parent's 50 anniversary party is that weekend :(
if not, there will be a plan... I'll send you first with pictures and a map.

SuperBuickGuy

it's like this, we meet up in Sedro Woolley, then head across highway 20 to the trail.... if it's there, great, if it's not.... there's several ways south, even (gasp) the highway. I have a friend who just moved over to Methdow, so I really need to head his way a month or two before the meet - I told him about the WABDR and he said he'd see what he could find out...

anyway, the link to the maps for those who don't know what we're talking about
http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/WABDR

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
Ah I gotcha! Actually if we are coming from that far north then fires "should be non issue" as I believe Leavenworth was the only area up there hit nasty last year. The southern stretch from chelan to ellensburg is where my big Q mark was as that area got torched bad.

SuperBuickGuy

...and I'm signed up with my wife. She won't do the north to south run with us, but will meet at the event.

Don't forget early bird discounts end at the end of this month.

And unless Buick gets over his timidity (and growling issues) he isn't coming.... which I don't think is going to happen. sigh