• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

95 Hummer H1 350 chevy engine in it. 30k

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

I'm all about diesels only belonging in a H1

But.....wouldn't a 350 chevy engine have cheaper parts, more parts, easier up keep and engine maintenance than a H1 with a diesel? (Of course excluding the 2006 with a Duramax)

Also massive cheap HP can be made with a 350, unlike the old diesel engine in the H1.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Those are valid point but to me theres just something wrong when you dont hear that loud diesel idle when crawling around. I wheeled with a gas H1 one time and it was weird, it sounded like a litttle hamster was powering that thing.

When I think of an H1 the first thing I think of is that diesel sound.

Panzer07

Those are valid point but to me theres just something wrong when you dont hear that loud diesel idle when crawling around. I wheeled with a gas H1 one time and it was weird, it sounded like a litttle hamster was powering that thing.

When I think of an H1 the first thing I think of is that diesel sound.

Agree 100%
Nothing can't replace that sound.
http://youtu.be/JC0vX-BlO3s

Torres

Zach

Mall Crawler
They were a pos. Yeah a Chevy 350, but some of the parts were AMG exclusive. Found that out the hard way. Also under powered and no torque. Seen a few of them in the shop, wouldn't touch it with a ten foot stick

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm all about diesels only belonging in a H1

But.....wouldn't a 350 chevy engine have cheaper parts, more parts, easier up keep and engine maintenance than a H1 with a diesel? (Of course excluding the 2006 with a Duramax)

Also massive cheap HP can be made with a 350, unlike the old diesel engine in the H1.

Yes on all points.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Horsepower isn't nearly as critical to wheeling as torque, low end torque. The power curve on the diesel is much better for wheeling with the diesel.