• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SAS Spy Photos....

woodwardsh3

When I was 17 my dad finished building his dream sail boat search on the web to see it schooner Hjordis the boat has been sold to a Norwegian folk school. They changed the color and sails it was blue and had white sails it was a junk rigged schooner . We left Lake st Clare in early October and headed to Florida threw the lake Erie barge canals took 30 days to get to Fla. and then we went to the Bahamas and sailed all the way to George town in the Exzuma chain of Islands I spent a year and a half sailing with my parents, Im the youngest of 6 kids and the only one to go with them. I got home sick and went back home for a year, and then I went back to the boat for another 11 months. It was some of the best times of my life and I surely miss it and my Dad. My parents lived on the boat for 10 years be for getting back in to a house. It took him 10 years to build the boat while working a full time job. It is a cheep and great way to retire.