• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Another dealership story.

Ghostbuster

I went to this dealership to test drive a Jeep srt. We get to talking and then they do an appraisal on my H3.

They come back and offer me $17,500. I laugh and go on my way. About an hour later I get a phone call from them offering me $22,500 but it had to be that day.

Four days later I get another call from them offering me $24,500.

At this rate I guess I could hold out a few more days and get $30,000 lol

I have no intention of trading it in, I just wanted to test drive a jeep and see how much they would give me for the H3...

Zach

Mall Crawler
Dealerships are the epitome of scum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can agree to a point. Not all dealerships are that way. Most I've worked for, yes! There are ones out there that give the honest ones a bad rep. Where I'm at now, the best I've worked for. And straight up. Same goes for independent shops. But yet no one really talks **** on them. Trading a car in most places, they will low ball you. The nature of the beast. Best money on a trade is selling it yourself, may take time if you have the finances, but more money. They are offering you more, are they rolling the difference into the financed vehicle or price of the new one? Where most places get you.

Tractordoll

The SRT has a 6.4l hemi putting out 470hp. 5.7 is the regular one. Since I have owned SRT vehicles myself I can attest that dealers do not let anyone come in and drive them. If you're buying they will.

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
Plenty of Hummer dealers let me test drive before I was pre-approved to go to college. ;)

Posted via Integrated Brain Wave Chip

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
No, GM had a problem marketing and consumers had a problem mistaking CNN for the gospel.

Posted via Integrated Brain Wave Chip

Ghostbuster

The "sales professional" texted me yesterday and wants me to buy this $48k jeep and he said the difference after my trade would be $19,997...

So now they are giving me $28k for my H3 lol...

I wish I could take the cash :giggle: