• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

FS: Hummer H3 / H3T Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! New XML2 Added!

Cyouincourt007

Pavement Prince
The XML2's are actually the brightest option available, but they aren't DOT/SAE Compliant like the Luxeons. With that being said, you definitely won't have any issues with XML2's

Here's a comparison chart from a recent photoshoot:

Fog%20LED%20Collage.jpg

Nick C.

thanks for posting the comparison shot...it does shed some light on the matter literally. Wow that is a big difference.

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
63723_10155897192830604_3733605495975897222_n.jpg

Diode Dynamics is pleased to announce a new color for our popular XML2 fog light -YELLOW! The XML2 utilizes genuine CREE XML2 components, for a true, measured output of 1,420 lumens. 100% plug-and-play. Sizes available include 9005, 9006, H8, H10, H11, H16, and PSX24W.

Thanks!
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
So have we figured out if any of these will fit and work for the headlights as well? I'm a bit confused.

LEDs have come a long way in the past few years, but they still aren't ideal for reflector style housings. Despite the impressive lumen output we can achieve with the XML2's, they won't utilize the factory housing the same as a halogen bulb or even HID conversion kit. A lot of additional glare is created and output is lost due to the lack of focus from the housing.

There's plenty of these "plug & play" LED kits on the market making false promises, but we prefer to be honest and upfront with customers, especially when it's a vital component for safe driving at night

Nick C.

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
I will wait patiently then. If I'm pulling it apart to upgrade one set of lights then I would just as soon swap headlights, driving lights, grille lights, and roof lights all in one go. That way they all look and function the same.

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
I will wait patiently then. If I'm pulling it apart to upgrade one set of lights then I would just as soon swap headlights, driving lights, grille lights, and roof lights all in one go. That way they all look and function the same.

If you are looking for custom headlight work, we have some incredible installers in the Pacific Northwest.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/index.php/find-dealers/

Feel free to give us a call if you need a referral

Nick C.

RadioMike

Most high output LED Lights have a built in ballast. I put a led bar light on my h3. It made a lot of RF noise in my two meter and HF radio. So bad that I could not use the Light Bar while I was using my radios, which is 90% of the time while I'm driving. I did quite the noise down some bit with ferrite chokes on the lights power leads. Don't know about the generated noise in the better American made LED lights. I think I'm going to try a HID conversion in my Fog Lights and Sylvania Silver Stars in my Headlights.

Mike

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
Most high output LED Lights have a built in ballast. I put a led bar light on my h3. It made a lot of RF noise in my two meter and HF radio. So bad that I could not use the Light Bar while I was using my radios, which is 90% of the time while I'm driving. I did quite the noise down some bit with ferrite chokes on the lights power leads. Don't know about the generated noise in the better American made LED lights. I think I'm going to try a HID conversion in my Fog Lights and Sylvania Silver Stars in my Headlights.

Mike

I recommend LEDs for auxiliary locations (fog lights, backup lights etc..), and sticking with HID or halogen for your low-beams. Putco makes a high-quality halogen bulb if you don't want to go with HID

That RF interference is a sign of a poor electrical design with that particular LED's driver, smart move on the ferrite bead!

Nick C.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
LEDs have come a long way in the past few years, but they still aren't ideal for reflector style housings. Despite the impressive lumen output we can achieve with the XML2's, they won't utilize the factory housing the same as a halogen bulb or even HID conversion kit. A lot of additional glare is created and output is lost due to the lack of focus from the housing.

There's plenty of these "plug & play" LED kits on the market making false promises, but we prefer to be honest and upfront with customers, especially when it's a vital component for safe driving at night

Nick C.

I can attest to that. My neighbor with a 2015 Sierra installed LEDs into his headlamps and took them out a couple weeks later. He works nights and he was flashed by everyone when driving at night, and he also said the light did not appear to go down the road as well as the Silverstars he replaced with the LEDs. Not sure where he purchased his LEDs, so not sure if they were worth a toot.
I took him on a ride one night out in the country (which is about one minute from where I live) and showed him my 2016 GMC factory installed LED headlamps and he was impressed.

QUESTION FOR NICK C.
I purchase a pair of license plate LEDs from you a year or two ago for my Silverado and never had a problem. I put them into my 2016 GMC and evidently the license lamp circuit in the GMC is monitored more precisely than in the Silverado since I keep getting messages from Onstar that the lights are not functioning. Would a 6 Ohm 50W resistor, like used for turn signals work to stop the messages?

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
I can attest to that. My neighbor with a 2015 Sierra installed LEDs into his headlamps and took them out a couple weeks later. He works nights and he was flashed by everyone when driving at night, and he also said the light did not appear to go down the road as well as the Silverstars he replaced with the LEDs. Not sure where he purchased his LEDs, so not sure if they were worth a toot.
I took him on a ride one night out in the country (which is about one minute from where I live) and showed him my 2016 GMC factory installed LED headlamps and he was impressed.

QUESTION FOR NICK C.
I purchase a pair of license plate LEDs from you a year or two ago for my Silverado and never had a problem. I put them into my 2016 GMC and evidently the license lamp circuit in the GMC is monitored more precisely than in the Silverado since I keep getting messages from Onstar that the lights are not functioning. Would a 6 Ohm 50W resistor, like used for turn signals work to stop the messages?

Please send an email to our customer service team and we can make sure you are taken care of: contact@diodedynamics.com

We haven't encountered that issue on a GMC, but we will have a solution for you

Thanks!
Nick C.

f5moab

Mr. Beretta
Please send an email to our customer service team and we can make sure you are taken care of: contact@diodedynamics.com

We haven't encountered that issue on a GMC, but we will have a solution for you

Thanks!
Nick C.

My 2015 Silverado did not send me a notice about the license lamps that I originally purchased the license LED for, from your company. However, this is what I'm getting from Onstar for the '16 GMC that I put the LEDs in the license lamp locations (I swapped them before getting rid of the Silverado). So I'm guessing they either expanded the coverage of monitored circuits, or they have made it more sensitive. It's not a big item, it is just a notice received with the monthly maintenance; however, twice they have sent me a generic email stating "one of my bulbs is out." I'll send a message to your customer assistance and if needed, get some resistors. However, until the temps get back up into the plus side of thermometer and into double digits, it is no big deal.:giggle::giggle: I do not have a heated garage. Want to make note that the LEDs are working great, so not a problem with the LEDs, it's a problem with the BCM being too picky.

Thanks for the reply.

Additional Maintenance Items
One or more items on this vehicle may require immediate service.
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
License Plate Lamp
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Please service soon.

Last edited:

HighpsiV6

Just saw this thread. Anything new in bulbs in the last several months? Any sales or special offers going on? I'm replacing all 4 factory housings and looking for upgraded bulbs. I'm very interested in the XML2s...

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
Just saw this thread. Anything new in bulbs in the last several months? Any sales or special offers going on? I'm replacing all 4 factory housings and looking for upgraded bulbs. I'm very interested in the XML2s...

We've updated the design on our XML2s, which now produce an additional 300 lumens (measured). Still offering free-shipping for U.S. forum members, please send us a PM for the code!

Feel free to give us a call if you have any questions: (314) 205-3033

Thank you!
Nick C.