• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

FS: Hummer H3 / H3T Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! New XML2 Added!

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
blue1_600x115.gif

Fog Light LED Bulbs

xml2_.jpg

We carry LED bulbs for replacement of your fog lights, in all major sizes. They are available in SMD, HP, XP, and XML styles. This will make your fog lights a nice bright white that closely matches factory HIDs! Just simple plug and play, replace the bulb and you are good to go!

We carry the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. And we do not jack up the prices to astronomical levels- We're breaking that market trend, and offering you great, low prices, every day. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb, compared to the factory bulb.

SMD18: 91 lumens. Lower brightness than factory, but still provides the crisp white, modern color of LEDs.

HP8: 270 lumens. Slightly lower brightness than factory.

XP80: 510 lumens. Similar brightness to factory.

XML2: 1410 lumens. Much brighter than factory. These are bright!

Please note that most LED fog lights are intended for cosmetic purposes only, and will not project light in the same way that the factory bulbs do. Your car will look great at night, but if you are looking for higher output, we strongly recommend using an HID conversion.

Bulb Design

SMD18: Eighteen three-chip 5050-size Epistar SMDs arranged in 360 degrees. Five radial panels of three chips, and a forward-facing three-chip panel. Main body material is PCB.

HP8: Four side-firing 1.5W-rated Osram LED chips, and one 1.5W-rated chip on top. The bulb is housed in a machined aluminum casing, which provides superior heat diffusion for long life.

XP80: Each of the four sides of this bulb contains three 5W-rated chips, and the top is fitted with four more, under a projector lens. This is the brightest self-contained automotive LED bulb on the market, and is housed in an aluminum casing with a textured finish for maximum heatsinking properties.

XML2: NEW! Two opposing genuine CREE XM-L2 chips, driven at high power by self-contained regulator unit, in an attractive cast-aluminum housing. Fully waterproof, non-polar, modular design.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all modern vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your vehicle).

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

Click below for more info or to order:

2005-2010 Hummer H3
2009-2010 Hummer H3T

compare_xml2_stock_T.gif

[video=youtube;iE4ZjQcsSKY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE4ZjQcsSKY&list=UUwLvBZYKqmiJvN10LddaErg[/video]

Click below for more info or to order:

2005-2010 Hummer H3
2009-2010 Hummer H3T

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email contact@diodedynamics.com or call: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thanks for looking!
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
[video=youtube;VHNpT61sZ60]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHNpT61sZ60&list=UUwLvBZYKqmiJvN10LddaErg[/video]

(Sorry there's a Jeep in the video!)

Nick C.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
I've been reading up on those XML2s - they seem bright! I was also impressed with that current test video.

I know many people are going the cheap route on LEDs and that's fine. There's a reason Harbor Freight tools sell, but there's also a reason Milwaukee Tools sell as well. I suspect I'll be getting those XML2s at some point, whichever vehicles needs them first.

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
I've been reading up on those XML2s - they seem bright! I was also impressed with that current test video.

I know many people are going the cheap route on LEDs and that's fine. There's a reason Harbor Freight tools sell, but there's also a reason Milwaukee Tools sell as well. I suspect I'll be getting those XML2s at some point, whichever vehicles needs them first.

We spent a lot of time designing the XML2's and we measure them to guarantee that our lumen measurements are 100% accurate. They will produce 1,420 lumens which is plenty for the fog light application.

Another benefit of the XML2's is that they are indeed fully waterproof! I know how much Hummer owners like to get their cars submerged lol!

Nick C.

derian06

Red Rockett
We spent a lot of time designing the XML2's and we measure them to guarantee that our lumen measurements are 100% accurate. They will produce 1,420 lumens which is plenty for the fog light application.

Another benefit of the XML2's is that they are indeed fully waterproof! I know how much Hummer owners like to get their cars submerged lol!

Nick C.

I may have to buy a set now! I think you hooked me with the waterproof!

rsc

Nice. It looks like the stock bulb has a different output pattern with a decently sharp cutoff in the pictures, do the LED's have that cut off or will the oncoming drivers be flashing me because of a poorly focused beam?

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
Nice. It looks like the stock bulb has a different output pattern with a decently sharp cutoff in the pictures, do the LED's have that cut off or will the oncoming drivers be flashing me because of a poorly focused beam?

I suggest watching the demonstration video above. The housings on the Sierra in the video are fairly similar to most Hummer models. It demonstrates the output pattern with our LED models installed. Our brightest LED model, the XML2, is designed to focus some of the light back into the housing to maintain a similar cutoff to OEM without creating excessive glare like an HID conversion kit.

LEDs are not intended for primary light sources like low-beams, but they work well for auxiliary locations like fog lights

Feel free to give us a call if you would like more information about our products, or opinions on which product to choose for your application: (314) 205-3033

Nick C.

ABNTROOP

HIPPO
So that being said, I'm assuming that you have no plans to release matching LED headlight bulbs? What about replacement bulbs for the OEM grille lights and roof lights?

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
So that being said, I'm assuming that you have no plans to release matching LED headlight bulbs? What about replacement bulbs for the OEM grille lights and roof lights?

We have bulbs available for every common incandescent and halogen size, but we haven't had an H1/H2/H3 in our new studio for comparison shots yet

Additionally, we are working on a new design for a full housing replacement for the headlights. It takes time to develop, but it will be worth the wait

I wouldn't suggest installing HIDs in the reflector style housing

Nick C.

zackcrum

Also, (not sure If I've mentioned it yet) we have a DOT-compliant full LED housing replacement that will be available soon. I'm not sure if they will be a direct replacement for Hummer models, but they are unbelievably cool!

Nick C.
When will this be availablek I was planning to purchase the led bulbs but I may wait for this.

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
just got got a set delivered today for my Focus ST they are awesome please make them for the hummer!

I'm glad to hear you like the Luxeons!

They are perfect for the fog light location. Unfortunately, I don't foresee a "Hummer" specific size being developed, but the Type A's would probably fit in place of the factory Hummer housings

Nick C.

RamRod

They are perfect for the fog light location. Unfortunately, I don't foresee a "Hummer" specific size being developed, but the Type A's would probably fit in place of the factory Hummer housings

Nick C.

What are the major differnces between type A, B & C?

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
Vehicle fitment, mouting, lens angle etc...

They all have the same output, but the Type B and C are angled vs. the Type A which is flat.

If I had to bet, I'd say Type A could fit with some custom mounts

Nick C.

SWANK3T

Nick C.

Mine for the ST are type A I think they may be too small but I'll look.

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
The XML2's are actually the brightest option available, but they aren't DOT/SAE Compliant like the Luxeons. With that being said, you definitely won't have any issues with XML2's

Here's a comparison chart from a recent photoshoot:

Fog%20LED%20Collage.jpg

Nick C.