• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Moab: Prichett Canyon

Kurt

I want to drive Pritchett Canyon. I want to plan for it before the trip to Moab though. The truck will be mechanically perfect before the trip and I will trailer it to Moab.

I think that's the best way to do it, worse case you two the truck back home vs having to do a major field fix in order to try to get back home.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
Moab does have a lot better hospital now, so that might help a few....

lol, when I went their to get my stitches remove, they sent me to the ER, they said they would have to get an evaluation from a doctor first before they could be removed. Check to see if a doctor can see you? The girl was a ds! When I went over to the vet to pick Bodie up from boarding for the day, they took them out without a second thought. lol. So if you get hurt, go the vet instead. lol I just had to promise I would not bight her if she pulled the stitch too hard. ...and yet I got a dog treat when she was done.

Timgco

Hugh Hefner
Well after hearing Tim, I better just stick out until I have some different experiance in moab. Id definetaly do it as a passenger and so would my pop. Maybe we can run along with 3hummers?:huh::wink:

Again, I don;t want to discourage anyone from trying it if they are ready for this trail, just want to make sure they know what they are getting into.
Dave is spot on! (no pun intended) throw your rig on a trailer for that trip. If it brakes down, you still get it out and get home...or you could just move to Moab and solve that.

Doug has a good point also. Walking this trail is not that far. Taking pics/ vid, stacking rocks/ staying out of the way/ is what I would be doing if a couple people decide to run it.

In all honesty, Golden Spike and Behind The Rocks offer pleanty of challenge in mind. This trail is just insane and will push beyond the capabilities of any stock rig. Build your rig bullet proof, build it some more, and than you might get though it without breaking something. lol

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Obviously we bring everything from starters to tie rods to fix things in Moab but generally only carry the basics( 3 half shafts, couple of tie rods, upper and lower ball joints, idler, pitman, motor mount, fuel pump, etc ) for the trail. I will be bringing a spare front and rear drive shaft and T-case for that trip. Plenty of trails in Moab bring all the excitement most people can stand. Some go above and beyond. Like Tim said, you don't have to run the hardest trails in Moab to have a great time. Most are more challenging than anything you will find around your home area and most don't really threaten you with death and destruction.:)

Neo

Badfish
death and destruction.:)

thats what makes it exciting ... :wink:

they just found the body of that dude that went missing in june , it was wedged in some rocks and brush below the Moab Rim overlook . they think he fell off of a rock while hiking ...

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Well, My pop is nearing his golden years and cant walk to far. Well probably decide if we want to run the trail when the day comes. Other than that i will try to gain up som spare parts. I do love a good challenge but again, from hearing Tim i am just not sure. Ill probably do research on the trail, but i am almost a guarentee i wont know until i arrive in moab. Does anyone think they could do it in a stock truck?:huh:

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I drive a stock H1 and the Psychos were in stock H1s. If you don't break and can drive you should be ok. Do you have a body lift or suspension lift?

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
If they are still good I wouldn't upgrade them yet. The H1s do very well in stock configuration. They more people mess with them the more they tend to break.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Heres my 2 cents...I am no H1 expert like the other guys but lifting a 4x4 is to improve what you wish the vehicle had in stock form. jeeps H2's and H3's are simpler to lift. The H1 is complex and unless you dump thousands into a complex suspension setup you may only be hurting it. ORE and RonB's setup seem right when doing a suspension lift. If I own an H1 and hope to do so one day I would only do a body lift. The H1 suspension setup is great and if you want some more clearance body lift it and get some bigger tires.

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
The reason i chose the suspension lift, IMHO i think its easier to install, and i am not Mechanically inclined to do the body lift. Plus, with all the parts i bought from a friend of mine, they where technically free. And I am just not that big of a body lift fan, dont know why, but i am not.

Ron B

David is right about keeping it as close to stock as possible for the most reliable truck. The more you do the more you are pushing the truck outside of it's design. I have a 2" duck body lift and getting those rockers up a bit is a good thing -- suspension lifts can open a big can of worms and you might end up chasing your tail beefing stuff up to deal with the different stresses.

I was thinking of ditching my airbag suspension and going with springs and a smaller/custom spacer lift (maybe to get an inch+ instead of 2"+). I kinda miss the low maintenance of the springs -- but I may miss the smooth ride...and fitting in my garage more.

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
Well i bought them so i will try them, If i hate them i can always take them out. If i get another H1 i know i will keep it at a stock suspension, or at the very max 38" tires. But my current vision for the H1 is a lift and bigger tires. I dont plan to get bigger tires until possibly after April, when i can get some heavy duty Shafts, and get the tires. Until then, its just one accessorie at a time a slowly going project:)

HUMMER INVESTMENTS

[o O IIIIIIII O o]
I do see your points though with it. I have considered these, and i wanted the smallest lift i could get with having larger tires. I will wheel it. But, if i do have a peeve of it i might go back to stock. Otherwise I will see what its like and the lift will not limit my 'judgement' that i still want to go "extreme" wheeling, not stopping unless something breaks.:)

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Understand that when you go to the 12.1 half shafts and change the gears in the geared hubs you are still on 10.3 frame rails

atvspeed4

I know this is an old thread but has anyone run this trail recently? Has anyone done this in a very built H3 or H2 yet?

We have been looking at as many pictures, videos and descriptions as we can and are discussing running this with a group in beginning of March.