• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Razorback build

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Got her all buttoned and trimmed up... now just need a winch. :shifty:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0190.jpg
    IMAG0190.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 332
  • IMAG0191.jpg
    IMAG0191.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 315
  • IMAG0192.jpg
    IMAG0192.jpg
    423.7 KB · Views: 324

Panzer07

Yeah, I like the ARB bumper... But I didn't like the fact that it would have to be freight shipped instead of slow UPS. Plus at 110 lbs, I was able to lift and install the Thor Parts bumper by myself... but yeah ARB is cool, and would be evern cooler if you camo it to match your awesome H3.

Yeah the arb is beefy and heavy but can take a collision for sure...but anyways u did good getting the Thor's bumper specially since u have a brush guard already...I don't have one so that's one of the many reasons why I'm gonna go with an arb. Once u add the brush guard price then this set up comes down to the same price or more than the arb. Camo'ing that bad boy is gonna be fun lol I might just leave the bull bars black and camo the rest of the bumper.

Anyways sweet rig man can't wait till u get a which in there.

Torres

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Yeah the arb is beefy and heavy but can take a collision for sure...but anyways u did good getting the Thor's bumper specially since u have a brush guard already...I don't have one so that's one of the many reasons why I'm gonna go with an arb. Once u add the brush guard price then this set up comes down to the same price or more than the arb. Camo'ing that bad boy is gonna be fun lol I might just leave the bull bars black and camo the rest of the bumper.

Anyways sweet rig man can't wait till u get a which in there.

Torres

Thanks Panzer, yeah had a ton of people staring at the 3 today... Yeah the ARB is extremely heavy duty... could probably take a bear out with that thing and that would look awesome, camo with just a hint of black... Yeah the winch and a better battery are next on the list... Looking at a Smittybilt XRC-9.5K winch, jeep guys use em' but wondering how it'd handle a hummer.

Edwin

Thanks Panzer, yeah had a ton of people staring at the 3 today... Yeah the ARB is extremely heavy duty... could probably take a bear out with that thing and that would look awesome, camo with just a hint of black... Yeah the winch and a better battery are next on the list... Looking at a Smittybilt XRC-9.5K winch, jeep guys use em' but wondering how it'd handle a hummer.

I bought that winch has worked great pulled me out of deep mud once and have pulled out several jeeps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
I bought that winch has worked great pulled me out of deep mud once and have pulled out several jeeps

Hey Edwin, thanks... I'll probably go for the smittybilt one... especially since it is running for just around $300 from 4wheelparts... did you upgrade your battery at all? Because I'm kinda confused about that... Don't know if my walmart bought battery could handle a winch, 2 KC lights, Navigation system and the H3 itself.

Edwin

I bought the synthic line one its a bit more but worth it and my basic battery has handled an 50" led and the winch fine but I am looking to get a opium one just to play it safe

Panzer07

If it can keep the Deere away I'm more than happy. Lol I dislike those creature after a baby buck jump out of the wood and jump/slide on my windshield.
And I remeber reading somewhere that people usually get the 12,000 pound winch because our rigs are so heavy as well get heavier with all the mods and what not. I want a winch as well mainly for the look lol...but I rather get a rear locker first...I don't plan on going off road solo anytime soon...if I get stucked then I can strap myself to someone and help me out.

Torres

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
I bought the synthic line one its a bit more but worth it and my basic battery has handled an 50" led and the winch fine but I am looking to get a opium one just to play it safe

Ok thanks Edwin... yeah I've been contemplating an optima yellow top battery but have read varied reviews of it... some say that it's good and other say that they are complete garbage... Just don't want to shell out hundreds of dollars just to find out 10,000 miles down the road that the thing can't hold a charge... But I do want to go to a battery with a bit more muscle... the one I've got ain't exactly a powerhouse... able to get the 3 started and have my radio going with headlights on, but turn the fogs on and it starts struggling...

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
If it can keep the Deere away I'm more than happy. Lol I dislike those creature after a baby buck jump out of the wood and jump/slide on my windshield.
And I remeber reading somewhere that people usually get the 12,000 pound winch because our rigs are so heavy as well get heavier with all the mods and what not. I want a winch as well mainly for the look lol...but I rather get a rear locker first...I don't plan on going off road solo anytime soon...if I get stucked then I can strap myself to someone and help me out.

Torres

Haha yeah, you could probably stop a raging Prius with an ARB bumper... I'm in the same boat as you, the winch will mainly be for show because I don't plan on getting stuck but it will be nice to have one in case of emergencies... or if my family ever get stuck in a ditch during a bad Michigan winter storm... Plus I do mostly solo wheeling (Sometimes with a passenger/spotter) because no one I know want to go off road or doesn't have a 4x4... and the Jeep/Hummer people at college refuse to get their rigs dirty. :no: (Sad I know...) Might be able to get my dad to go next Summer once my mom gets her Wrangler Unlimited and has tires and wheels/lift put on it...

Panzer07

Haha yeah, you could probably stop a raging Prius with an ARB bumper... I'm in the same boat as you, the winch will mainly be for show because I don't plan on getting stuck but it will be nice to have one in case of emergencies... or if my family ever get stuck in a ditch during a bad Michigan winter storm... Plus I do mostly solo wheeling (Sometimes with a passenger/spotter) because no one I know want to go off road or doesn't have a 4x4... and the Jeep/Hummer people at college refuse to get their rigs dirty. :no: (Sad I know...) Might be able to get my dad to go next Summer once my mom gets her Wrangler Unlimited and has tires and wheels/lift put on it...

Hell yeah kill some Prius lol...and yeah then u do have a actual use for the winch. I recovered a couple of cars for my last year at fort drum NY...damn fort drum winters are out of control. Temperatures of -20 I sure don't miss that. Although it is so cold that it actually feel warm weird how that works.

Torres

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Hell yeah kill some Prius lol...and yeah then u do have a actual use for the winch. I recovered a couple of cars for my last year at fort drum NY...damn fort drum winters are out of control. Temperatures of -20 I sure don't miss that. Although it is so cold that it actually feel warm weird how that works.

Torres

Haha yep... and I don't get that either, gets soo cold that it feels warm. :huh:Had that happen in high school during Physical Conditioning class... Ex-Spec Op Marine as a teacher who didn't care about running the track at 15 degrees and 3 feet of snow... But it did toughen us up... :wink:

Panzer07

Haha yep... and I don't get that either, gets soo cold that it feels warm. :huh:Had that happen in high school during Physical Conditioning class... Ex-Spec Op Marine as a teacher who didn't care about running the track at 15 degrees and 3 feet of snow... But it did toughen us up... :wink:

Yupe, last year I was so surprise and pissed to heard that that the army actually shut down for the day some of the bases at Texas and somewhere else because 2 inches of snow...I was like seriously...we got 3-4 feet of snow over night an we still had to google work...shovel and melt that sh!t down and Caharlie Mike with our duties. Running was always a blast...not! So cold that every breath U took you would actually feel your damn nose freeze, end up with a snow cone like top. On your beanie XP good old times.

Torres

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Yupe, last year I was so surprise and pissed to heard that that the army actually shut down for the day some of the bases at Texas and somewhere else because 2 inches of snow...I was like seriously...we got 3-4 feet of snow over night an we still had to google work...shovel and melt that sh!t down and Caharlie Mike with our duties. Running was always a blast...not! So cold that every breath U took you would actually feel your damn nose freeze, end up with a snow cone like top. On your beanie XP good old times.

Torres

Haha yeah, frozen leg hair on my end. Others had frozen tears... But it was well worth it... Winters nowadays feel like nothing.

Panzer07

Yeah the best way to over come winter's lo temperature is to expose to it..but most people as soon as they feel the slightest chill they start to cover up.

Torres

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Yeah the best way to over come winter's lo temperature is to expose to it..but most people as soon as they feel the slightest chill they start to cover up.

Torres

Yeah, totally agree with ya on that, your body basically becomes accustomed to the cold when you let it be exposed for just the right amount of time, (Not to the point of frostbite...), I sit and look at people wearing 4-5 layers in the winter "Freezing" and all I can do is :no:... I sit there in jeans and a tee shirt, with a light jacket nearby... bear minimum is enough for me.

Panzer07

Haha with the right amount of vodka my Russian busy used to be chil with short sanders and a polo shirt lol and wen without it...lol

Torres

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Haha with the right amount of vodka my Russian busy used to be chil with short sanders and a polo shirt lol and wen without it...lol

Torres

Haha, hell yeah... Give me a bottle of wine and a liter of root beer and I'll march out in knee deep snow for ya in my one piece union suit. :rofl: Man sounds like a trooper.

Panzer07

Haha, hell yeah... Give me a bottle of wine and a liter of root beer and I'll march out in knee deep snow for ya in my one piece union suit. :rofl: Man sounds like a trooper.

Hahaha, I got buddy whenever I meet you lol wanna see this lol. Yeah he was and still cool I'm sure hahaha haven seen the guy in about 2 years...the man was obsessed with fishing and fire arms.

Torres

4speedfunk

Yeah the best way to over come winter's lo temperature is to expose to it...
Screw that! The best way is to spend the winter in Puerto Rico!

RazorB....a 9,000 lb. winch is plenty. Check with Digglesworth on the Smittybuilt winch. He got one that would activate itself. I guess they sent him a fix for it but, it sort of scared me off buying a new one. I actually need two winches, and Smittybuilt was my first choice. But after seeing DW's issue...I went to 4WP and inquired if the ones they had for sale, had the remote disconnect switch built into the controllers. Of course I got the DITH look. (deer in the headlights)....so I'm pretty much done with 4WP. I think they are the exclusive dealers of the X20 series, so if you want a SmittyBuilt I think you must deal with 4WP. Looks like ENGO!

Lastly...I always wanted to see a red H3 with color-matched mirrors and door handles.

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Screw that! The best way is to spend the winter in Puerto Rico!

RazorB....a 9,000 lb. winch is plenty. Check with Digglesworth on the Smittybuilt winch. He got one that would activate itself. I guess they sent him a fix for it but, it sort of scared me off buying a new one. I actually need two winches, and Smittybuilt was my first choice. But after seeing DW's issue...I went to 4WP and inquired if the ones they had for sale, had the remote disconnect switch built into the controllers. Of course I got the DITH look. (deer in the headlights)....so I'm pretty much done with 4WP. I think they are the exclusive dealers of the X20 series, so if you want a SmittyBuilt I think you must deal with 4WP. Looks like ENGO!

Lastly...I always wanted to see a red H3 with color-matched mirrors and door handles.

Haha, definitely CJ... Nice, warm sandy beach. :thumbs:

And yeah I've read hit or miss reviews on the Smittys... Some love em' and some just call em' sh*&ybilt... :wink: Also found out from my dad that since I bought the bumper and put it on myself, that he'd get me a winch as a Christmas present... Soo know in him, I may end up with a Warn winch, which I'm perfectly fine with. lol

And that would be interesting, see alot of Red and black or Red and Chrome H3's but none that have color matched mirrors and handles... was gunna bed line my last bit of chrome (Handles/Mirrors) but color matched could be cool... Depends on how difficult the color matching is... My mirrors do take a far being from tree scratches, idiots in the parking lot and rocks from my tires being thrown at em'...

RazorbackH3

Wooo Pig Sooie
Decided to get a picture of my H3 with my mom's new fully loaded 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... Already gave her my other 2 KC lights as well as my slightly used 285's, just needs wheels for em'.

attachment.php

Also busted my Cylinder #4 Spark Plug to the point where I can't get it out, only threaded end left in engine, nothing to grab... soo I have to get it towed on Monday... :gaah:If it's not one problem, it's another... Very frustrating...

Attachments

• IMAG0208.jpg
    IMAG0208.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 305

4speedfunk

2000-2010 Fords truck motors are famous for this same issue. They actually make a tool specifically for the Ford....you might see if it would work on the Hummer motor. One nice thing...its easy to get to.