• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Master Power Window Switch Front Driver Side - broken switch

H3ATH3N

Anyone come across this one yet? My driver's window switch gave way over the weekend - probably not too much of an issue while it's 110 degrees out - and I'm wondering if there's a fix other than replacing the whole unit? The button appears to have the break - seems a shame to replace the whole damn thing.
attachment.php

http://store.gmpartshouse.com/parts...ubgroup=INTERIOR TRIM&component=Window switch
http://www.1aauto.com/master-power-...ljTXs899P2qji9zHBeDYutgLigyoirZY8kRoCKZ3w_wcB

Attachments

• switch.jpg
    switch.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 3,737

chad

i have that same issue except i have 3 broken switches on same panel, the only thing wrong with my truck, i saw the replacement for the whole panel for $75 on ebay before. i never got one yet because i may just make a custom one.

zackcrum

I've been wondering, if I put a drivers switch in for all of the windows, will the auto down feature work? Anyone done this yet?

chad

hmm i didnt even think about the auto down feature, i havent messed with it yet as i havent had a lot of free time lately. but $75 isnt a bad price to fix it, i'm just wanting something more durable.

evldave

I faintly remember a conversation on the auto-down feature on another forums many years ago. From that conversation, I believe the auto-down is from the BCM, which means the switch itself doesn't control anything. That said, give it a try and let the rest of us know if it works :)

zackcrum

I believe the auto-down is from the BCM, which means the switch itself doesn't control anything.

Darn. I thought it was like a two part switch. Mine doesn't do auto down until your press the switch after it clicks once. Maybe ill try to find some extra switches on eBay and try it.

H3ATH3N

Thanks for the feedback - SolidusJ, Steve #1, chad et al - I found I can still operate the window if I caress the switch gently and sweet talk it a little first. ;) That'll do for now as I just plunked down $$ to get the PCF ScorpWorks H3/H3T Steering Bracket Kit... now to get some really cool admins to help me install it... hmmm...

Steve #1

I've been wondering, if I put a drivers switch in for all of the windows, will the auto down feature work? Anyone done this yet?

As I recall, the OTD relay is part of the Driver switch assembly. The easiest way to add OTD is to use a Clifford Smart Windows Module. You can find NOS on ebay most of the time. http://r.ebay.com/k29wYv adds OTD and OTup to two windows. Two modules for all 4 windows. If you have an alarm it will roll the windows up when you arm and allow you to vent the windows with the remote and roll down completely when you disarm. Very nice features in the summer.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback - SolidusJ, Steve #1, chad et al - I found I can still operate the window if I caress the switch gently and sweet talk it a little first. ;) That'll do for now as I just plunked down $$ to get the PCF ScorpWorks H3/H3T Steering Bracket Kit... now to get some really cool admins to help me install it... hmmm...
Where are you located? I'd help you install it if you aren't too far from me.