• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Studying for HAM tests...

hellomynameis

Future EVO Hauler
Does anyone have suggestions for studying for the HAM tests? I'm looking for free or paid online resources, books, or (iOS) apps.

All I can seem to find, including on the ARRL website, is links to practice tests. It's much easier for me to read and understand the material then test my knowledge using the practice tests.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought a practice book that had all the questions and answers in it. Been awhile but I will try to find out where I got it. Made it easy.

alrock

El Diablo
Staff member
hamtestonline.com - I think this was recommended to me by LagunaH1. (Not that I ever completed it :roll:) It's a good course with lots of explanations, quizzes, etc.

hellomynameis

Future EVO Hauler

arnold

Do you commute very far to work?
I got a set of Gorden West's tapes back in the 90's. I listened to them both to and from work every day. Made Tech, then general later on.
If you get a book with all of the questions and answers, get a high lighter and only high light the correct answers. Study until you feel confident then take the test, should be a piece of cake.
Good luck
N2VXL

Last edited: