• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Lighting Tech 101: Research Automotive Lighting Technology

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
[video=youtube;dq8OZjEAtrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq8OZjEAtrA[/video]

[h=1]Manufacturing | The Diode Difference | Diode Dynamics[/h]​

Panzer07

Designed, engineered, and manufactured here in St. Louis. They work best in reflector-style housings as well!

Thank you,
Nick C.
Are they just a plug and go or doesnt splicing wire is required...I want something great for my headlights without breaking the bank like 500+ for the star headlights.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
Are they just a plug and go or doesnt splicing wire is required...I want something great for my headlights without breaking the bank like 500+ for the star headlights.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We haven't released the dual-filament model yet (SL2) for the H13 bulb size that the H3 uses. However, our engineering team is working on it and expects it to be available sometime later this year.

Thanks!
Nick C.

JPaul

How do these hold up in dust with the cooling fans? A lot of us are in the desert areas or frequent them and I'm concerned about dust building up and potentially blocking airflow or killing the fan.

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
How do these hold up in dust with the cooling fans? A lot of us are in the desert areas or frequent them and I'm concerned about dust building up and potentially blocking airflow or killing the fan.

1. The SL2 will not have a cooling fan, so that rules out any concerns with the fan. (Release date TBA)
2. The single-filament SL1 (with cooling fan) was designed to fit with the dust caps installed, so dust shouldn't be getting in there to begin with.

With that being said, we are utilizing the highest-quality micro-fans available, so they will be extremely robust. The SL1 took our engineering team over two years to develop.

Thanks!
Nick C.

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
July 4th sale! 20% off all diode dynamics products!

Don't forget to shoot us a PM for free USPS shipping on any U.S order!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Last edited:

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
https://youtu.be/7ZebE6DpLLg
Measuring Headlight Output | Diode Dynamics

How are headlight output patterns measured at the factory level? How do you test to see if a headlight is meeting SAE and DOT beam pattern requirements? Here at Diode Dynamics, we've invested in a goniometer to accurately measure and map the entire beam pattern and ensure our products are adding light output without adding extra glare.

Check out the video to see how it works!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

LED Lighting Experts
I'll keep you posted!

Our engineering team is currently working on a variety of new LED headlight bulb sizes, so I'm hoping to have some definitive news in the next few months.

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics