• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Anyone else going to the NW Overland Rally?

ReconH3

Guardian Angel
I've been to the east coast one, which isn't even half as big, and it's worth while going. You'll learn so much and have a great time.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Hills

I might be interested in going. I checked out the schedule. It looks pretty neat. How tough are the trails? Or is it just mainly blm roads?

evldave

RamRod

Man if the dates were just slightly different I might be able to make it...

I might be able to make it for the last day, but not likely

SuperBuickGuy

I am working on finding a copilot now. Anyone want to caravan up there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'm going, but I'm only about 2 hours from the site....

I'm even considering taking my beastie CR500af.

you're welcome to stop here on the way through... I don't know about a co-pilot other than my English Mastiff.... my wife has yet to be convinced - but if she is convinced, she wouldn't go until Friday night

evldave

I'll be leaving Vancouver (WA) pretty early Wednesday, heading up through Gifford Pinchot, likely FR90-FR23-FR2329-FR21 to Hwy 12 if that route isn't snowed in (it probably will be), then 123-410-?? to get to Ellensburg and will camp outside Ellensburg along the Taneum Rd - there's a great overlook I camped at a few years ago while on the WABDR. I'll likely take 97 north to the rally on Thursday from there. I might even try to leave Tuesday and spend an extra day on the way up if I can get out of work.

SuperBuickGuy

I'll be leaving Vancouver (WA) pretty early Wednesday, heading up through Gifford Pinchot, likely FR90-FR23-FR2329-FR21 to Hwy 12 if that route isn't snowed in (it probably will be), then 123-410-?? to get to Ellensburg and will camp outside Ellensburg along the Taneum Rd - there's a great overlook I camped at a few years ago while on the WABDR. I'll likely take 97 north to the rally on Thursday from there. I might even try to leave Tuesday and spend an extra day on the way up if I can get out of work.

You're going up the other side of the mountain - 410 is an excellent drive (even a better RAMROD - no relation to the RAMROD on here). I'll take off from my house go to hwy 2 then turn just before Wenatchee to the camp site. Be sure and send me a picture of what you're driving, it sounds like you'll be there first; so I'll look for you when I get in.

Hills

Looks like I might not be able to leave Hillsboro until 5pm Friday. Any chance I can FedEx my tent up to one of you? Maybe you can set it up before hand! Hah!

evldave

What kind of a trailer is that? Are they manufactured in the PNW?

It's a 1966 M416. Picked it up in 2008 for $600. It was a USFS Firefighting trailer, was bright red, had a welder or water bin of some kind. I cut off the front (was a 2" ball), put an extended tongue, fridge mount, built a lid for it, added a RTT and firewood rack, rails and mounts for a shelf, etc. Painted it primer and pretty much drag it everywhere now...

Hills

Looks like its a go for me. Secured a copilot. Does anyone know the pet situation? Are they allowed? I have two deer.. err Weimaraners.

SuperBuickGuy

Looks like its a go for me. Secured a copilot. Does anyone know the pet situation? Are they allowed? I have two deer.. err Weimaraners.

yes - dogs are allowed, and Buick will be in attendance as well.... which, I suppose would count for at least another person

this is him at ~70 lbs. He's nearly twice that now and should be at twice that by the August meet

evldave

See you all tomorrow!!!

a7u3aby9.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SuperBuickGuy

What a blast, it was neat to meet Dave; and hopefully new member Keith... a couple pictures

Keith - 09 with really low miles

mine, being eaten by a large, hummer eating tent

just part of the people attending

I've always thought this camper on an H1 would be pretty cool

what a diverse group, though

that MH is not on my christmas card list. He arrived at 1 am Friday morning, idled for a couple hours in front of the field, then decided to back in - all while blowing his air horn to make we knew he was coming. I am a better man today, I didn't slash his tires.... next year.... well...

so there was the McMansion on wheels to lots of stuff like this

Add in another 250 motorcycles (dual sport)... and it was quite an event.
I really enjoyed it and plan on doing this next year.

Hills

I wanted to go so bad, but I could not pass on picking up an m416 trailer. I had to drive about 500 miles round trip on Saturday, but it was worth it.
9e2adavy.jpg