• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

87 h1 slant back with turret mount!

Panzer07

Dude if this isn't a scam it is a really good deal...even if it has some work to be done...nothing like the real deal...with this model u can easily reconfigure it to whatever u need truck...wagon...anything...and I don't see why it wouldn't be street legal...as long as u don't mount the machine-gun and drive around u should be fine...

Sent From Someone Else's iPhone 'Cause I'm Too Broke To Own One.

Panzer07

If I had a steady income is have no problem in applying for a loan for thisz

Panzer07

I wouldn't see why not maybe if they were M1151 perhaps since they are heavily armored...but even then it is not illegal to own an armored vehicles as far as I know...I'm seriously thinking on going to check this one out it even comes with the rear bumper tire carrier that I love...it sounds too good to be true tho...but perhaps it is because it has none of the "civilian luxury-comfort" but that's fine by me.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man."
-Mark Twain-

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMG is trying to get some states to deny re-registration. They are still street legal and most states will honor the registration. That price is worth a look.

Jrkilburn

They can be registered as a military historic vehicle if kept original. If it is modified then registration gets tricky state by state. Biggest issue is the HMMWV does not pass most state safety inspections and/or they have no title. I have seen it take PA up to two years to get one registered and road legal.

Had to buy auto cancel signals, tag lights, bumper certifications, new DOT seatbelts, new wheels (bead locks aren't DOT certified), and other small things. Good thing is that all those replacement parts are available through H1 parts sources.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Emailed the seller. Claims the truck is in storage in Nebraska. All payment, shipping, etc will be handled by eBay. It is in the Los Angeles Craig's List. Smells like a scam to me. I could be wrong but I won't be wiring them any money.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
I would close this deal face to face - at a bank either in Nebraska or LA - wherever the rig is - if it doesn't come with a clear, notarized title, bill of sale and a set of working keys, I wouldn't hand over a cashier's check! The good old fashioned way to buying a car in this case. Buyer beware!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapataint

Last edited:

Kurt

Great price but too good to be true I believe.

Complete turtle back with all seals and hardware with a working turret thats about 9K of parts alone, those trucks usually go for 35+

Anyone do a reverse image google search.. it may expose for sure if its a scam [they usually use someone elses photo]

Truck should have a state title OR SF97

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
Says it is titled in Nebraska, clear title, etc but same shipping will be out of the storage facility, eBay guarantee, 5 days to return the truck if you don't like it, etc. It looks suspiciously like the truck we saw in Moab. Maybe not but close. Too many red flags.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Only 1 picture of such a rare and desirable rig. Very fishy indeed.

3Hummers

Super Moderator
Staff member
She claims she was transferred from VA to Offut airbase in Nebraska. You would think it would be in the Nebraska Craig's List but it isn't. If the truck and her are in Nebraska why would she advertise in LA but not where the truck actually is. SCAM.

Bigunit

Hammer Down!
Staff member
Any phone number to call "her" to make arrangements to have my JAG buddy at Offut swing by and check it out for us? I bet if you mention that, you won't get a reply! ...oh, and ask "her" for the address too! :D

Last edited:

Fish

Wow that thing is awesome for the price if it isn't a scam. I almost jumped on a nice 50's era Willys army jeep for sale locally here for 5k'ish not to long ago. It was very clean but I passed on it.

Panzer07

Emailed the seller. Claims the truck is in storage in Nebraska. All payment, shipping, etc will be handled by eBay. It is in the Los Angeles Craig's List. Smells like a scam to me. I could be wrong but I won't be wiring them any money.

That's why I said sounds too good to be true