• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Bebe's Long Travel H3 Build Thread - A Boy Howdy Story

bebe

So we got the sway bar in and decided to ramp it and get an idea of the difference, we tweeked the shocks again too.

With sway bar (did not score)

IMG_2837.jpg

With out sway bar (score 546) 38.5" - 39 degree ramp - 112' WB.

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

Not bad for IFS? I don't know what these scores really mean so if someone can enlighten me I would appreciate it.

bebe

Here is a pic from today - we started on the aluminum Front skid plates.

IMG_2853.jpg

It's amazing how well the Torchmate worked for this, we thought there would be a ton of clean up - but it cut it like butter.

We also got some other little things done. We cut some tricked out gussets for some additional bracing, I'll get pics tomorrow night. We also installed a Keep Public Lands Open to the Public plate on my roof rack. I'll get pics of that too.

So close to being done, details, details, details. :D

bebe

Here is a pic of her being backed out of the stall...You have to see her in person to get the full effect:D

IMG_2807.jpg

bebe

Skid plates are all fitted and ready to be welded tomorrow by Brian Tilton :D

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

I'll be painting everything Thursday and Friday night, then we'll be taking her home.

bebe

Finally made it to Moab for some more testing

IMG_3442.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

DSCN2583.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

IMG_3466.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

We tried every type of terrain - rocks, steep up and down, sand, go fast desert...a few tweaks needed. She was rock solid, super stable.

We left the sway bars connected, and didn't push her too hard. But I'm very pleased and so was Rick.

All in all it was a great trip.

Next stop - Fordyce :D

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
its crazy how every build thread on your long travel build has been over 20 pages long yet this one is only 4 so far.

So...if you had to do this build again knowing what you know now after testing it and driving it would you do anything differently?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Awesome! If you look closely I see no sway bar end links on. You disco this time?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

M

MUTAINT

Your rig is looking great, nice up and down independent travel up front!

So glad to see pix of you and your rig out wheeling and not in a shop. :cheers:

speedy

Sir Welds a Lot
After the front was done we needed a better solution for the rear springs then the temporary blocks we used to get it off the rack and home.
IMG_3168.jpg

The plan was to build a hybrid pack of springs.This turned out to be far easier then expected.
All i did was add one spring:)
IMG_3179.jpg

We added a main leaf from 63" long 3/4 ton chevy truck as the second spring in the pack.
IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

We left the spring as long as we could so that it would support the upper spring as well.
This would stop this from happening
IMG_3167.jpg

In this pictures you see a couple of extra thick leafs on the bottom.They were for a little more lift and also used as anti wrap bars.They are longer towards the front of the truck and have all but stopped the axle wrap.They were made from the 1" thick overloads from the 63" springs
One will be removed soon as we do not need as much lift without the roof rack and ladders.
IMG_3173.jpg

I don't have anymore pictures with it all together.When we get the truck back i will remove the extra leaf and post some better pictures of the finished spring pack