• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

H3 My first desert trip!

joekicksit

This weekend was my first desert trip and it was so much fun!!
I have camped in desert areas but never for the purpose of off-roading and all that fun stuff.
So before the trip my buddy convinced me to put HID's in before the trip and I am so glad I did!
attachment.php

attachment.php

(seeing it like this makes me want to make the plastic grille black:huh:) I also took the rear bench out and put a mattress back there for me and my girlfriend to sleep on :)
Unfortunately I didn't get any cool pictures I kept forgetting while I was out in the dirt I was too excited to think about pictures :mock:
attachment.php

attachment.php
These were from camp after hitting the dirt all night!

attachment.php
The next day we went exploring (while everyone else was being lame) Went through some narrow trails that had some deep whoops (thats what my friends were calling them) and found what looked like an old blast site and had some torn down structures and old bald tractor tires so naturally we got the shot gun out for some fun out of my sun roof:mock:
After this trip and seeing how well my H3 held up on the trails and going up this real sketchy hill with almost no issue
attachment.php
( the hill was to the right this was on the way to the trail unfortunately no pics up there :/ )compared to my buddy's truck (its a V8 rear wheel drive F150)
I'm still really new at this but I cant wait to start improving my H3!!
After this weekend I already got a lot of ideas!

Attachments

• photo 1(1).jpg
    photo 1(1).jpg
    689 KB · Views: 808
  • photo 2(1).jpg
    photo 2(1).jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 728
  • photo 3(1).JPG
    photo 3(1).JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 698
  • photo 4(2).JPG
    photo 4(2).JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 727
  • photo 2(3).JPG
    photo 2(3).JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 653
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 616

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
welcome from so cal. Where were you camping?

Looking at your spare tire it looks like you have the adv. package. Thats a good thing!

Bananatank

Hey i also have a yellow h3 and you said you were thinking about blacking out your grille so i figured id share how mine came out. I plastidipped it and think it came out pretty nice.
mera8uhe.jpg
my7u7a6a.jpg
e4amyru5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joekicksit

welcome from so cal. Where were you camping?

Looking at your spare tire it looks like you have the adv. package. Thats a good thing!

We were up in the high desert past Adelanto! Yea I think I think I do have the adv. package its pretty much all stock the tires are still stock size but I got Coopers all terrain tires like a month ago!

joekicksit

Hey i also have a yellow h3 and you said you were thinking about blacking out your grille so i figured id share how mine came out. I plastidipped it and think it came out pretty nice.
mera8uhe.jpg
my7u7a6a.jpg
e4amyru5.jpg

Thanks man!! I think that looks real good! Did you also plasidip the rims?? I was also thinking about doing that but wasn't too sure how it would look!
My goal so far is to ad a black roof rack and a black grille guard, and basically keep the black and yellow theme going!

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"

Bananatank

Thanks man!! I think that looks real good! Did you also plasidip the rims?? I was also thinking about doing that but wasn't too sure how it would look!
My goal so far is to ad a black roof rack and a black grille guard, and basically keep the black and yellow theme going!

Yes my thoughts exactly lol im still in search if the black grille guard but was looking at Aries h3 grille guard cheap and looks nice and idk what rack yet but the wheels are plastidipped I'll take a pic of those if you want tomorrow but i also plastidipped the h3 emblems. IMO i think it came out really nice.