• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Navigation Software

Meadowlark

Probationary Member
I just bought a 05 H2 with factory touchscreen radio w/navigation and no disc came with it. My question is, what options do I have? Do I have to get OEM, or will anything, i.e. DeLorme, work?

Zach

Mall Crawler
As far as I know, you have to stick with GM. Rather than buying it from a dealer, you can go to gmnavdisc.com and order it directly through there

SuperBuickGuy

it drives me nuts - I don't want to have a tiny-screen garmin and the GM mapping going at the same time... one of these days, I'll find the converter to make my Nat Geo maps work on my Hummer... although, it may take getting a different stereo that is compatible with outside mapping software.

I mean, really, an off-road vehicle that you can load off-road maps onto the SatNav.... stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

oh yeah, and there's no way on God's green earth that I'm spending 200 for 3 year old mapping software.:whaa:

Zach

Mall Crawler
Actually, if you go to the site, it is the current year disc and not three years old. Every now and then, they offer a discount. Usually a few months before the new disc comes out.

SuperBuickGuy

Actually, if you go to the site, it is the current year disc and not three years old. Every now and then, they offer a discount. Usually a few months before the new disc comes out.

GM - NORTH AMERICA MAP UPDATE - V.2012 SKU# 22846887

2012 is the year it came out - I looked at buying this last year, and the year before just after I bought my H3. Same SKU, same v.2012....

and in the same vein, the prior version was 2007-2010....

Last edited:

Meadowlark

Probationary Member
Well, I do have a nice Lowrance unit with about the same size screen so I guess I'll continue to use it. I just thought it would be nice to use the built in feature but now the more I think about it, having the disc in, I can't listen to XM, or any other CD so the external is the way for me. Thanks all for your input.