• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Off topic. Saltwater aquariums

954paulo

Any of you guy have em? I just got into it and after several months of paying someone to maintain it, I had to get fire em. So now I'm doing it myself.

So far month 1 is going good but I still have some questions.

If anyone can help let me know

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

954paulo

uzurehe8.jpg

do you know what this plant thing is?

I have it in my tank and my former fish guy got it for me and I would like to get more.

Also I have a marine land led 8x3w light. I have read that is no good for growing corals or plants so I got my self a 120w led quad light.

Would this work for me to try making a reef tank

gyqa5e6a.jpg
this is my tank now

frumaker

I can't remember the name of that but it is a soft coral. It will grow quite fast with good lights I have never used led lights but I here they grow things well. I have always used metal halide.

FRU

Hans3T

Lif"T"ed
I've got a very healthy tropical setup right now, but it's freshies. Once I learned about all the maintenance required for a saltwater tank I kindly went back to freshwater.
Nice setup. Snowflake eel I'm catching a glimpse of?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

954paulo

Yup. Yea all the maintenance is overwhelming. I'm still trying to figure things out and get into a schedule

cddutt

OTE=954paulo;124827]
uzurehe8.jpg
Looks like Pulsating Xenia to me. It will take over your tank in a few months.

do you know what this plant thing is?

I have it in my tank and my former fish guy got it for me and I would like to get more.

Also I have a marine land led 8x3w light. I have read that is no good for growing corals or plants so I got my self a 120w led quad light.

Would this work for me to try making a reef tank

gyqa5e6a.jpg
this is my tank now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

HummerRoller

I had one... went hay wire and all my fish died... now lookjng at moving into a house late summer, so ill start with a new 300 gal. I had a 30gal before

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk