Welcome to the H4O - HUMMER 4x4 Off Road.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 1,061 Posts
    We may be a ways away from that but incrementally we are headed there. That is why it is important to fight even the smallest infringement of our right to keep and bear arms, defend ourselves, etc. Castle laws, Stand Your Ground, etc, should be the law of the land everywhere. No one should have to worry about confronting a intruder in your home or on our property. They have already proven nefarious intent by entering without permission. When confronted in a public setting why should you have to give ground?
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE
    1990 1025 Armament Carrier

KJ6JCC

BlackSheep Hummer Squadron, H1 PsychoSquad

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3Hummers For This Useful Post:

Pappibri (02-20-2014)

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    I tell you it was a great day when the long rifle registry ended here!

It is sad your not allowed to defend your life here, but if it came down to it and I was in a situation where I would have to make that decision I'd fight it in the courts!
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

www.ministryofadventure.ca

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 1,061 Posts
    You have to. If you lose early you never get to court.
    1998 H1 Open Top
    1994 H1 HMC4
    1992 H1 HMC4 LE
    1990 1025 Armament Carrier

KJ6JCC

BlackSheep Hummer Squadron, H1 PsychoSquad

"Like Nothing Else"
    Thanks
    Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    -2009 H3 Alpha/Adv||SAS/SOA
    -2008 H3 Alpha-RIP

Super Swamper
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cgalpha08 View Post
    Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I'll have to remember that one!!
    2009 Hummer H3T Alpha

www.ministryofadventure.ca

Baja
    Thanks
    ...same thing happened in Australia, England, Russia etc... Everyone knows where it goes.

Street Tire
    Thanks
    That's sickening. It would honestly be interesting to see how far something like that would go in the U.S. The last statistics I saw and this was years ago, 83% of Americans own at least 2 guns. Not to mention the vast number of military personnel who I have spoken to and who have been on TV stating they will never fight against their own citizens and/or turn their weapons over. I think the gov would be opening pandoras box with that one.

HIPPO

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LoJac963 View Post
    That's sickening. It would honestly be interesting to see how far something like that would go in the U.S. The last statistics I saw and this was years ago, 83% of Americans own at least 2 guns. Not to mention the vast number of military personnel who I have spoken to and who have been on TV stating they will never fight against their own citizens and/or turn their weapons over. I think the gov would be opening pandoras box with that one.
    That's why billy who you grew up with as the kid down the street is being pushed out in favor of enlisting illegal aliens with the promise of citizenship in exchange for military service. Think Jose is going to think twice about following orders? Doubtful..

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    Yeah Canada dumped the long gun registry plans. Too expensive and pointless of a system. You have to register restricted firearms however [Ar-15, FAL etc]. I do like the Possession and Acquisition license Canada has, makes everyone into a dealer, want to sell a rifle to someone else? If they got a PAL card too, then its a straight transaction. The 5 round limit up there is crazy. With the PC Government in charge I'm surprised there isn't a push to enact some basic form of castle doctrine law in Canada.

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Yeah Canada dumped the long gun registry plans. Too expensive and pointless of a system. You have to register restricted firearms however [Ar-15, FAL etc]. I do like the Possession and Acquisition license Canada has, makes everyone into a dealer, want to sell a rifle to someone else? If they got a PAL card too, then its a straight transaction. The 5 round limit up there is crazy. With the PC Government in charge I'm surprised there isn't a push to enact some basic form of castle doctrine law in Canada.
    Except that's all completely retarded. Wheeling in a Prius is less retarded. In the free states here you don't need any damn license to buy a firearm from someone else. That's the way it should be.

Street Tire
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abearden View Post
    Except that's all completely retarded. Wheeling in a Prius is less retarded. In the free states here you don't need any damn license to buy a firearm from someone else. That's the way it should be.
    Private sale has always been a long time debate on selling weapons. It seems more and more people are starting to ask for a drivers license or either a CCW. Those should be copied and a proper bill of sale should be written. If you sell a weapon to someone who goes and murders a family of 5, who's door are they going to be knocking on if they have the weapon in hand? As much of a PITA it is, private sales should really do an FFL transfer.

All Terrain
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LoJac963 View Post
    Private sale has always been a long time debate on selling weapons. It seems more and more people are starting to ask for a drivers license or either a CCW. Those should be copied and a proper bill of sale should be written. If you sell a weapon to someone who goes and murders a family of 5, who's door are they going to be knocking on if they have the weapon in hand? As much of a PITA it is, private sales should really do an FFL transfer.
    Do you get a bill of sale when you sell a hammer or chainsaw at a garage sale? How about a pocket knife? Those can be weapons too in the wrong hands. Ideally, they wouldn't be tracking them at all so their first plan of action should be fingerprints.

Street Tire
    Thanks
    I don't disagree with you at all and I am by no means a supporter of all this anti gun crap going around. I am an avid gun collector and collect mostly assault type weapons. My above post was talking about best case scenario, things you can do as a seller of a firearm to protect yourself. The items you mentioned above don't have to be registered or a background check done at purchase like a firearm. Not really the same comparison.

Mud Terrain
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abearden View Post
    In the free states here you don't need any damn license to buy a firearm from someone else. That's the way it should be.
    What free states? Unless I'm mistaken, the states that allow private party transactions without an FFL still limit that to residents of the same state, ie. no interstate transaction. In all those cases I've seen sellers ask for a state photo ID at a minimum.

When I say license, I mean FFL, make it easy to get like the 1980s where you don't have to have a physical store/retail space and can just sell anywhere you want. Make things easier to do, not harder.

What happens to the guy in the free state who sells a pistol to a felon?