• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

Battery ?

05Mudiak

Not sure if I should post this in the H3 section but I figure everyone will see it here.

Well the battery is toast I believe. A friend is going to pull it out in the AM and go get it tested.

My delema.

I have the Artec dual group 34 battery holder that I am going to install in Jan when I return home. From what i can find the stock battery in the H3 Alpha is a group 86. Does anyone by chance know if a 34 will fit in the factory box. I just hate to have to buy a battery now and in 3 months buy 2 more.

If it doesn't geuss I can just have her buy a cheap wally world battery it should last 3 months I would hope

Thanks

Scarsman

Sponsor
Well, the dimensions on your stock 86 should be 9 1/16" L x 6 13/16" W x 8" H.
The dimensions on a group 34 should be -------- 10 1/4" L x 6 13/16" W x 7 7/8" H.

It depends on how tight your stock box is. The 34 is shorter, same width, but 1 3/16" longer.

Here is a good link I keep for checking battery sizes: http://www.rtpnet.org/teaa/bcigroup.html

05Mudiak

Just checking if anyone knows for sure. if anyone has done it.

i am pretty sure the guys at the autoparts store won't help her with it. I am sure they will just say you need to replace it with an oem size blah blah blah

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
Not many girls I know could replace a battery with the same thing let alone change from group 86 to group 34.

I'd have her call Auto club and jump start or tow it to someplace that could replace the battery. If she doesn't have auto club then jump start it drive it to a shop that can replace the battery.

05Mudiak

huh??? She can turn a wrench plus a friend will be there in the morning to help her pull it out since she needs a step stool to get to it. Wasn't looking for someone doubting her skills.

All I want to know is has anyone put a group 34 in the factory box.

Portager

■ ☼▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ ☼■
I wasn't doubting your friends skills. All I said is not many girls I know could change a car battery. I wouldn't push my luck. If I could get a friend to do it I'd make it easy on her (them).

I haven't put a group 34 in the stock battery tray so I can't help you.