• Welcome to H4O! For a reduced ad experience, please login or register with the forum.

SOA is done!! well all most

05Mudiak

Got the 3 out of the shop from the SOA. It is definitly taller than expected and looks better with the saggy rear. Way taller than just the 4" lift it seem like I'm thinking ours never got full lift in the back.

Bad news rad cracked on the way home from the shop so I gotta replace that.

The brake lines were just temporarily moved up and will be re-worked to remove the brackets once I get time. Also got to get the drive shaft lengthened

Also don't laugh at the exhaust that what was on it when we bought it and its on the long to do list.

It measures out from hub to fender. 26.5 front 28.5 raer is that about right to those that have done it?

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
I'm 27.5 hub to fender and 26.5 in the front.

Are u running oem springs?

Also my front end went down when the rear end went up...

Great job!!! Your #9?

Zach

Mall Crawler
Pfffft the exhaust. Looks like mine at the rear other than the tips being creased in the center from rocks. Although I'm a tad higher lol. And looks good.

05Mudiak

Stock springs but they have a add a leaf in them still. I know or stock packs were saggy so I was hoping leaving the add a leaf in would make up the difference. I just don't want it to high but if it's close to what everyone else is measuring I'll leave it

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

Got the 3 out of the shop from the SOA. It is definitly taller than expected and looks better with the saggy rear. Way taller than just the 4" lift it seem like I'm thinking ours never got full lift in the back.

Bad news rad cracked on the way home from the shop so I gotta replace that.

The brake lines were just temporarily moved up and will be re-worked to remove the brackets once I get time. Also got to get the drive shaft lengthened

Also don't laugh at the exhaust that what was on it when we bought it and its on the long to do list.

It measures out from hub to fender. 26.5 front 28.5 raer is that about right to those that have done it?

I don't have a SOA but those measurements sound about right. I'm 27.25 the front 27.5 in the rear with my Rancho kit.

05Mudiak

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386811279434.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386811279434.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 155

RamRod

Looking good!!

I can't wait to get mine under the knife!

I was hoping to this month, but I forgot how crazy and expensive Xmas time is!

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
hey CJ, those look like ours...I know he bought the 14bolt swap kit and wasnt sure if hangers and such were different then ours, like longer hangers making a taller ride. I guess its just the add a leaf that is bringing him to 28.5

I am at 27.5 and I desperately need the speedy mod so I can increase load capacity. I took home a sterling 10.25 axle for my buddy so he can start his 1 ton axle swap and having that 400 lb axle in the back with a few other things from the junkyard netting around 600 lbs in the back my springs were completely flat. Im not looking to pull a 20000lb trailer but I want to carry a load without being totally flat.

So with all that said Mudiak how does it look with 26.5 in the front and 28.5 in the back? I want the extra load capacity without going taller. I like my stance where I am...

05Mudiak

It does look a little high but I'm not sure how to just lower it one inch if I pull the leaf out I'm sure it will drop it more than two inches and I only need an inch

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
Im trying to think who has it...Not including the H3 moab edition and GM H3 engineer test mules
#1 bebe
#2 4speedfunk
#3 Me
#4 07Custom
#5 MUTH3
#6 SAS H3T
#7 According to 08solarflare some russian dude on a hummer russian forum has one
#8 05mudiak
#9 Dixie4wheeldrive H3 (not on this forum)
#10?

We may have a few others I am not thinking of...but I am glad we are slowly starting to get some more people around here to do them.

Cajun_Tiger_Hummer

Yup with the red rock star rims. Nice truck except for the red painted suspension and rims. And that the truck needed to be a Alpha. It was up for sale twice in my area. I kick myself in the but for not going test drive it. Had to suck having that 3.7L push those huge 40's. If done right it would of been a fun truck to go mud in the rice and cane fields with.

06 H3

a.k.a. "The Jackal"
yea, 40s with 4.56 gears and a 3.7 is not enough, 5.38s would still leave it under powered but atleast drivable